Home

Houston Texan's coach feeling the heat

This is a discussion on Houston Texan's coach feeling the heat within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2008, 02:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Houston Texan's coach feeling the heat

Yea I am talking about Okoye, but also free agent bust as in A.Weaver and J.Reeves and you still have P.Faggins on the field. M.Greenwood has been a major bust, and seems to me Bennett has regressed from his rookie year of last year. It is a reason that Fergerson and Wilson were unemployed until we picked them up and there is a reason that the Cowboys let Reeves go and went back to A.Henry and drafted rookies who are playing this year because he sucks ***. Kubiak seems to be in over his head and would make a better coordnator than coach and personel man. When you are in the state the Texans are in you can't afford to give up 2nd round draft picks on backup QB's like we are just one player from the Super Bowl. And why in the hell they cant get to the QB when they bring 7 damn players. Besides hitting on the 2005 draft (Williams, Ryans, Owens, Winston) the last couple of drafts have been very bad. Again the Dolphins won ONE DAMN GAME LAST YEAR and the Falcons are starting a ROOKIE AT QB!!!!! What is the damn problem?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:07 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Nah, I want to win as many games as possible. I don't want to take a step back at all.

Leave the assessments for after the season. For now, we just need to play hard every week. Despite our record and performance in weeks 1, 2, and the last two games....we still should be 5-4 at this point, with wins against Indy and Jacksonville. Injuries have ravaged this team yet again, though.

I actually think Schaub and Rosenfels are the problem. Sure, they can "get the job done" but they make way too many boneheaded mistakes for my liking and Schaub is just too fragile. I can't see him ever playing a full season.
Yeah I want to win also too, but Mcnair is a patient guy, giving up 40 points a game will help drive home the fact that Richard Smith is a horrible Dcoordinator.

Matt may be the problem...but I still feel we need a good C and another solid Guard. All the teams that have stopped our offense has had good DTs, I honestly feel if our Oline holds up, our offense can't be stopped...I feel that way personally. May need to get another HB though because Slaton is good, but Green is old so that has to be fixed. D

Matt also may be injury prone, but all of his hits he's taken have been dirty hits. One from that Chargers QB, he was fined for that one, and the other was Jared Allen going after his knees fined for that also.

All in all, I just see larger holes than QB...but Sage is a turnover machine, even when he's had good games he still turns it over.

I personally wouldn't be mad if QB was addressed this offseason, I just think we have a lot of holes on defense that need to be addressed first.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:12 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well they are taking a huge step back this year, and depending on how they look in this Colts game and the rest of the year if the blowouts and poor *** play continue there will be a whole new staff on the sideline next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2008, 03:13 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsulw
Yea I am talking about Okoye, but also free agent bust as in A.Weaver and J.Reeves and you still have P.Faggins on the field. M.Greenwood has been a major bust, and seems to me Bennett has regressed from his rookie year of last year. It is a reason that Fergerson and Wilson were unemployed until we picked them up and there is a reason that the Cowboys let Reeves go and went back to A.Henry and drafted rookies who are playing this year because he sucks ***. Kubiak seems to be in over his head and would make a better coordnator than coach and personel man. When you are in the state the Texans are in you can't afford to give up 2nd round draft picks on backup QB's like we are just one player from the Super Bowl. And why in the hell they cant get to the QB when they bring 7 damn players. Besides hitting on the 2005 draft (Williams, Ryans, Owens, Winston) the last couple of drafts have been very bad. Again the Dolphins won ONE DAMN GAME LAST YEAR and the Falcons are starting a ROOKIE AT QB!!!!! What is the damn problem?
We have to give Okoye more time. We drafted him and the guy was 19 or 20 with a huge upside.

But yeah...Weaver was a bust, Reeves, Faggins on the field, Bennet actually doesn't get the mins he used to...which is just puzzling. I wouldn't say he's having a bad year...but Faggins is starting over him and Reeves...IDK why or how or whose making this decision.

But all these things you're mentioning can't all be on Kubes. Sometimes the Dcoordinator decides whose best for his scheme.

I just feel, from where I sit that Kubes doesn't do much with the defense from the pressers i've read and everything else. Kubes has really built a good offense that should contend for the playoffs, but the defense has just been horrible.

Kubes will probably get another season or two, as mentioned by Matrix. His biggest problem is game management, hopefully his experience will get better because Kubes was signed as a long-term answer. I know McNair brought in the guy to be a Head Coach a long time and it's going to take a few more losing seasons before he gets the boot.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:50 AM   #13
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

The thing I love about Kubiak is his guts. He always seems to be willing to take a chance offensively. Whether it be on a fourth and short early in the game, or taking a shot with a funky play downfield. Absolutely love it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »