Home

Houston Texan's coach feeling the heat

This is a discussion on Houston Texan's coach feeling the heat within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Houston Texan's coach feeling the heat

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6107712.html

You know I enjoy him as our coach but I just don't feel it is going to work with the Texan's. The piece's are not coming together with him at head coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Houston Texan's coach feeling the heat

Sad, there's zero patience in Pro Football anymore...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Kubiak is a offensive coach...our offense has been pretty much the best offense the franchise has put on the field. They have plenty of weapons on offense to win games.

Its too bad that the only player thats even doing anything on Defense is Mario Williams and Zac Diles who is now hurt for the season. Defense has major holes, and i'm guessing by reading post-game stuff that Kubiak doesn't do much with the defense. Kubes will stay, but Richard Smith is gone.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

He should be feeling the heat, all he has to do is look at the jobs that are being done in Miami and Atlanta. Hell he might not have anything to do with the D but his *** has something to do with the recent player bust on that side of the ball.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:28 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsulw
He should be feeling the heat, all he has to do is look at the jobs that are being done in Miami and Atlanta. Hell he might not have anything to do with the D but his *** has something to do with the recent player bust on that side of the ball.
What bust? It's not like that side of the ball has tons of talent oozing ready to explode.

Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Dunta Robinson...if he's even able to get back to his usual play after a massive injury like he suffered. Those are the only 3 guys that could start for other teams.

Travis Johson has been a bust, but that was way back when we had Carr. Only guy you could be talking about is Okoye and he's just too young to call him a bust.

Zac Diles has had a good year. It's just time to start focusing on that side of the ball and on Safeties, corners, and LB. We barely haev any talent on that side of the ball besides 4 guys...Diles(out), Demeco, Mario, Dunta(hurt)...so two guys...

Still have bad play at RG and C imo but the secondary play has just been horrible, i'm tired of us ignoring it.

Last edited by Fiasco West; 11-15-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2008, 02:29 AM   #6
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Kubiak''s problem is game management. Our real problem is Richard Smith as Defensive Coordinator. Absolutely horrendous.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Kubiak''s problem is game management. Our real problem is Richard Smith as Defensive Coordinator. Absolutely horrendous.
Don't worry, he won't be a problem next season.

Mcnair the owner has said himself that he doesn't like firing guys in the middle of the season. So I just hope we continue to give up 30-40 points so he's forced to fire him.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Nah, I want to win as many games as possible. I don't want to take a step back at all.

Leave the assessments for after the season. For now, we just need to play hard every week. Despite our record and performance in weeks 1, 2, and the last two games....we still should be 5-4 at this point, with wins against Indy and Jacksonville. Injuries have ravaged this team yet again, though.

I actually think Schaub and Rosenfels are the problem. Sure, they can "get the job done" but they make way too many boneheaded mistakes for my liking and Schaub is just too fragile. I can't see him ever playing a full season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »