Home

Donovan McNabb / Ties in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Donovan McNabb / Ties in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #41
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Donovan McNabb / Ties in the NFL?

I think it's safe to say that at least 40% of the Players are idiots because they didn't know there were ties in the NFL as well.

Like I said, the ONLY reason why this is a big deal is because it's McNabb saying it. Let it be Kevin Kolb or Andrew Walter or Jim Sorgi, this is not even a discussion right now.

Hell, I remember a couple times when Favre was here, he would still throw/lateral the ball FORWARD when he already passed the LOS. Can we call him an idiot for knowing the rules too?

McNabb is not the first and he damn sure ain't the only player to say it, but it just so happens that he is one of the popular guys in the league and when he talks, just about everybody listens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #42
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Would it have been better if he said, "I took a look downfield and didn't want to risk an INT that may have been returned for a TD. I knew even if we didn't get the first it'd end in a tie which still leaves us in much better shape for the playoffs than a loss."?

Same result, right?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Like I said, the ONLY reason why this is a big deal is because it's McNabb saying it. Let it be Kevin Kolb or Andrew Walter or Jim Sorgi, this is not even a discussion right now.

Hell, I remember a couple times when Favre was here, he would still throw/lateral the ball FORWARD when he already passed the LOS. Can we call him an idiot for knowing the rules too?
It is a big deal because it IS McNabb, a team captain & the damn leader of that football team ON the field, a team in PLAYOFF contention. A damn SUPERSTAR, he'll get the recognition for playing an outstanding game throwing 4 TD's on a broken foot BUT at the same time, he'll eat sh*t for being an idiot & not knowing a rule that an 8 year old playing Madden would know. Take the good along w/the bad, eat it both ways, that's the life of an pro-superstar. Oh yeah, I won't even mention that HUGE contract he has. If it were Kevin Kolb, Andrew Walter, or Jim Sorgi, I highly doubt the team would be in playoff contention AND they would more than likely be out of a job right about now.

That Favre arguement isn't even comparable. That Favre miscue would be more to heat of the moment, instinct/reaction, & getting caught up in the moment so he lost focus of where he was on the field, McNabb's fault is not knowing the situation he's in causing him to make costly decision(s), costly to his team.

Last edited by sqeg; 11-21-2008 at 07:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »