Home

Way to go Norv!!!

This is a discussion on Way to go Norv!!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Way to go Norv!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
At least Bill got to those games and was in a position to be at home in AFCCG's and playing in those Super Bowls. That's what kept the fans morale high.....always being in contention and going deep into the playoffs on a consistent basis. Bill's resume speaks far more loud and proud than anything Norv has ever done. As for the fans, you don't run your organization based on the fans' whims. The Steelers, for example, don't give a rat's *** what the fans think when it comes to making decisions about the franchise......which is as it should be. There were plenty of fans calling for Cowher's head over the years, some were even calling for Tomlin's this year. The Steelers couldn't possibly care less what the fans think.

I'm not saying that firing Norv is the right move, but there'e been a lack of consistency it seems at the top. Marty toes 14-2, loses the divisional game, and gets fired. Norv goes 13-3, loses the divisional game, and gets a 4 year extension. For an organization to be successful, it must start at the top. Organizations win championships.
Thank you for proving my point.

It took a team effort for Bill to put together that resume that speaks so loud and proud.

Look who Norv coached for before he got to San Diego: Money bags Dan Snyder and the Crypt Keeper Al Davis, two of the biggest laughing stocks in all of pro football.

Combined record of those two once proud organizations since crappy old Norv left, 78-130 for a stellar winning percentage of .375.

If winning starts at the top, then the man never stood a chance. I have a hard time believing Bill could have done much better under those circumstances, but we will probably never know because Bill can pick the perfect situation and not have to put up with the crap that organizations like that put coaches through.

Last edited by Alliball; 01-20-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #194
Banned

OVR: 17

That's true of course, but my point was the the Chargers FO seems to have its own issues with consistency. Perhaps that is the reason they are extending Norv rather than firing him. Perhaps they have learned from their mistake of firing Marty.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #195
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
That's true of course, but my point was the the Chargers FO seems to have its own issues with consistency. Perhaps that is the reason they are extending Norv rather than firing him. Perhaps they have learned from their mistake of firing Marty.
One would think.

They can follow the Raider definition of consistency and fire their coach every 2 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #196

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Actually, it's 4 more years since his new contract runs through the 2013 season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...ontract-011810
Thats three seasons...

2010/11, 1011/12, 2012/13, I doubt the 2013/14 season is included in that.

From that article:

Quote:
The Chargers announced Monday night that the oft-maligned coach is getting a three-year contract extension through 2013.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #197
Banned

OVR: 17

My bad. Was he already signed for next season? Because at Fox Sports the link was titled "Four more years". I took it to mean he was extended for the 10/11,11/12,12/13,and 13/14 seasons.

Last edited by metallicatz; 01-20-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #198

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
My bad. Was he already signed for next season? Because at Fox Sports the link was titled "Four more years". I took it to mean he was extended for the 10,11,12,and 13 seasons.
You very well could be right, 3 more years on top of what he has. I didn't think of that.

I guess my thought process is that they would say through 2014 just to make is sound a little better than 2013 (it it really matters).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »