Home

No Fun League INDEED fines Wes Welker $10K for SNOW ANGEL

This is a discussion on No Fun League INDEED fines Wes Welker $10K for SNOW ANGEL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #25
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: No Fun League INDEED fines Wes Welker $10K for SNOW ANGEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
NFL justifies it because, in the rules, players are not allowed to go to the ground during celebrations. At least, that is what the announcers were saying.
Stupid rule IMO. They need to have some leeway. I mean I can understand some of the more over the top celebrations. Did the guys from the Raiders that scored TDs get fined this week? Now THOSE were excessive.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2008, 04:01 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

Ladies and Gentlemen the real NFL commissioner

Pacers/Heat
Michigan

Old 12-26-2008, 05:28 AM   #27
Pro

shorty12345's Arena

OVR: 8

These fines are getting ridiculous for doing nothing but having fun!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Wes Welker Fined $10,000 For Snow Angel

I think the rule is pretty stupid - but at the same time, I have a hard time really caring or feeling bad for those who are fined.

$10,000? To me that's a lot of money... To him? I doubt it even makes a slight dent in his pocket book. That's like .05% of his 18M contract, not including bonuses.

The guy could just write out a $160,000 check at the start of the season as an advance if he wanted to; to cover each game.

The way I see it - if you can afford the fine, go for the celebration. These guys have more money than they'll ever need.

Last edited by MC Fatigue; 12-26-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #29
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

If you watched games in the 70s, you didn't see this stuff and the game was never better or more healthy. Rivalries were truly rivalries. Players didn't laugh it up and hug after the games like they do know.

But character and class left a long time ago. Not just football, but this whole world.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #30
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
But character and class left a long time ago. Not just football, but this whole world.
I'll make sure to tell my nieces and nephews that they are no longer allowed to make snow angels because it is a sign of low character and shows no class.

Give me a break.

I could see if we were referring to a celebration that directly mocked the other team, or opposing team's fans, or whatever...but he made a freaking snow angel.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #31
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I'll make sure to tell my nieces and nephews that they are no longer allowed to make snow angels because it is a sign of low character and shows no class.

Give me a break.

I could see if we were referring to a celebration that directly mocked the other team, or opposing team's fans, or whatever...but he made a freaking snow angel.
And it added what.....? Did it make the touchdown any more enjoyable for Patriots fans? Was it funny? Really?

When my team scores, I'm plenty excited whether the guy tosses the ball to the ref, or dances a little jig. Doesn't matter.

In fact, I'm always more satisfied when I see the guy turn and hug his teammates, which most of the primadonnas don't bother to do because it blocks their camera time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #32
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
And it added what.....? Did it make the touchdown any more enjoyable for Patriots fans? Was it funny? Really?
It added...wait for it...entertainment for the fans. It was, though unintentional, a homeage to Lonnie Paxton's snow angel in the "Snow Bowl" against the Raiders which actually does mean a bit to Patriots fans and is one of the more well known celebrations amongst Patriots fans.

To say that it showed a lack of character and class is laughable, and that is being nice.

Question - it looks to me like your avy is a picture of a Cowboy celebrating, I'm assuming a sack. How is that any worse than celebrating a touchdown?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »