Home

NFC Wild Card: Eagles @ Vikings

This is a discussion on NFC Wild Card: Eagles @ Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 PM   #41
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NFC Wild Card: Eagles @ Vikings

If Adrian Peterson grows a set of hands: MIN 23 PHI 21

If not.....

*sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 09:24 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 11

I obviously am a bit of a homer towards the Vikings, but seriously everywhere I look everyone picks the Eagles.

I personally think it should be a pretty good game it depends on a few different factors.

Can Jackson handle the blitz? or will he make stupid decisons? I must have watched his pick in the endzone aginst the Giants 20 times and I just don't see what he saw.

What Peterson shows up? If the 200 yard back shows up then I don't see how the eagles can hang with us. If he fumbles more then once I don't see how we can stay with them.

I think we all know that with Pat back the eagles will have to focus on the pass. This scares me as the vikings aren't really known for having a great secondary.

In the end it comes down to mistakes, who makes more loses. If the Vikings come out and fumble 4 times it will be a long day but I really think this game is close.

It is interesting I feel like these are really two big threats in the NFC.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Don't know who I think will win this one just yet. Leaning toward PHI but it's a toss up right now.

Curious, why are people saying the Eagles have so much momentum? The Vikings finished out the season 7-2. The Eagles last nine games they went 4-4-1 with a 13-13 tie with Cincy, a 36-7 loss to Baltimore, and a 10-3 loss to Washington (just last week).

Are people really throwing them up to the top of the mountain just b/c of their week 17 win over Dallas?
The Birds won 3 of their last 4 games are legitimately a top-five NFL team, record be damned.
If they are at their best, the Vikes don't stand a chance.
But Eagles have been so damned inconsistent this year.
Vikings are in a cupcake division. Eagles are not.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad
I obviously am a bit of a homer towards the Vikings, but seriously everywhere I look everyone picks the Eagles.
The reason I picked the Eagles is because I watch the Vikings every week, and they're one of the clumsiest, erratic teams. Consistency is probably their biggest issue, and it's the main reason why I think they're not a threat to anyone, really. One week they just look absolutely amazing. Great running, good passing, great defense. The next week they look like ****, with AP fumbling left and right, and the QB throwing passes 10 yards ahead of his receivers... It's just a pain to watch. You never know which team is going to show up.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #45
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad

I personally think it should be a pretty good game it depends on a few different factors.

Can Jackson handle the blitz? or will he make stupid decisons? I must have watched his pick in the endzone aginst the Giants 20 times and I just don't see what he saw.

What Peterson shows up? If the 200 yard back shows up then I don't see how the eagles can hang with us. If he fumbles more then once I don't see how we can stay with them.

I think we all know that with Pat back the eagles will have to focus on the pass. This scares me as the vikings aren't really known for having a great secondary.

In the end it comes down to mistakes, who makes more loses. If the Vikings come out and fumble 4 times it will be a long day but I really think this game is close.

It is interesting I feel like these are really two big threats in the NFC.
I don't think this game will be close. The Vikings have the worst offensive INT and fumble rates among all the playoff teams. That plays right into the strength of the Eagle's defense that thrives on causing turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 29

What sucks is we may not even get to see the damn game. I really wanted to watch it with the new antenna I got, and now they're saying it might not even be on because it hasn't sold out.

Damn greedy NFL... As if they don't have enough damn money in their greedy little pockets already.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Apparently, the Vikings haven't even sold out the game yet. 8,000 tickets have yet to be sold.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson-for-Heisman
Apparently, the Vikings haven't even sold out the game yet. 8,000 tickets have yet to be sold.

Eagles fans were buying them up like hotcakes this past week

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »