Home

Best WR currently in the league?

This is a discussion on Best WR currently in the league? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best WR in the NFL
Larry Fitzgerald 100 52.36%
Andre Johnson 44 23.04%
Calvin Johnson 12 6.28%
Randy Moss 17 8.90%
Steve Smith 9 4.71%
Reggie Wayne 2 1.05%
Brandon Marshall 0 0%
Greg Jennings 3 1.57%
Anquan Boldin 2 1.05%
Terrell Owens 2 1.05%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Best WR currently in the league?

Moss is one of the greatest talents in football history but the guy is a perennial loser. When the money season comes, Moss does not come through often. I seriously doubt whether New England can win a championchip if he is on the team.
That being said, he will go into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #66
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
What BS is this... Steve Smith is the best wide reciever in the league. If Steve Smith or Larry Fitzgerald were to be Free Agents, a Coach would go right after Smith. You guys are blind, seriously... Steve Smith is the most deadliest reciever in the game!
I can't quite figure out why you're so high on Smith...hmm...
Old 02-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #67
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Moss is one of the greatest talents in football history but the guy is a perennial loser. When the money season comes, Moss does not come through often. I seriously doubt whether New England can win a championchip if he is on the team.
The argument was that it can't be anyone else besides Fitz b/c he had a great regular season and a legendary post season, and he hadn't seen any other WRs on the list do that. Moss did it just a year ago.

My point was that it was a bad way to judge who the best WR is anyway, but in terms of post season success, Moss got just as far as Fitz. Superbowl losers.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The argument was that it can't be anyone else besides Fitz b/c he had a great regular season and a legendary post season, and he hadn't seen any other WRs on the list do that. Moss did it just a year ago.

My point was that it was a bad way to judge who the best WR is anyway, but in terms of post season success, Moss got just as far as Fitz. Superbowl losers.
I agree to some extent. However, there is no way you can tell me that Moss in 2007 played better than Fitz in the playoffs.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #69
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xipie
At this moment you just can't say any other reciever then Larry Fitzgerald..
great regular season..
LEGENDARY post-season.. I havn't seen other recievers on that list do that..
plus the post-season is where it counts.. let's not forget he basicly delivered the Cards (Together with Kurt) the superbowl in there hands after his 2nd half performance..
Another thing is his personality man I really have a lot of respect for this guy... he probably also had stopped James Harrison's great int TD if Antrell Rolle was using his head at the sideline..

Yeah Fitz is at this moment the best..
At least two of those receivers have never even made the playoffs before (Johnson and Johnson ).

Brandon Marshall I'm not sure about, but he could be #3.

To argue Fitz's postseason success isn't a fair argument since two/three other HIGHLY talented WRs have never played in the postseason, and been on the same stage that Fitz was on

- FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HIS CAREER.

In 2007 you'd be saying Plaxico was the best for what he did against the Patriots...

Keep it relative.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #70
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
This doesn't make any sense to me. Moss caught the go ahead touchdown in the Super Bowl versus the Giants. Had New England's defense come through at the end of the game they would have been Super Bowl champions. I don't see the basis for "seriously doubt[ing]" New England's ability to win a title with Moss on the team.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #71
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I agree to some extent. However, there is no way you can tell me that Moss in 2007 played better than Fitz in the playoffs.
I don't have to tell you that... unless the argument that Fitz is the best WR because of what he did in the playoffs, which is a silly argument too. There's no way you can tell me Fitz's regular season was as good as Moss' in 2007. The point is, thinking that Fitz is the best WR in the league simply b/c the whole world got to watch him when there was no other football on and every play was magnified isn't really a good argument... maybe for a QB but definitely not for a WR. Can someone say it's Andre Johnson's fault his team didn't make the playoffs?

Anyway, I only brought up Moss b/c the argument was that NO ONE can say it's anyone but Fitz b/c of his regular season and playoff play, and collectively I'd say Moss can be considered based on that criteria alone. If playoffs are all we're going by then the name changes every year. It's just not a good argument for why anyone should be chosen over anyone else. Factors in the equation? Sure. The reason? No way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #72
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Andre Johnston still getting no respect I see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »