Home

How did Peyton Manning win MVP?

This is a discussion on How did Peyton Manning win MVP? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: How did Peyton Manning win MVP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
sage rosenfels giftwrapped it for him
I will give you that, Sage did hand him one of those games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2009, 11:42 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I will give you that, Sage did hand him one of those games
I never knew one game decides league MVP's.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #43
MVP

While one game doesn't make an MVP that was kinda where their run for the playoffs started, plus they only made the playoffs with a one game lead over NE, don't know off hand who would have had the tie breaker there if NE would have had it with one more division loss to the colts the even if you don't take into consideration that it could have upset their run it would have made their playoff run a lot tougher. If it led to them not making it, that could have really hurt peyton's chances
Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
While one game doesn't make an MVP that was kinda where their run for the playoffs started, plus they only made the playoffs with a one game lead over NE, don't know off hand who would have had the tie breaker there if NE would have had it with one more division loss to the colts the even if you don't take into consideration that it could have upset their run it would have made their playoff run a lot tougher. If it led to them not making it, that could have really hurt peyton's chances
Um...no. Their run started in week 9 when they beat New England...the Texans game was in like week 5. Then after they beat the Texans, they beat Baltimore 31-3. But then they got owned by the Packers and got owned by the Titans.

And you can use the argument that if they lost that game they may have missed the Playoffs or whatever, but 1. they still had the tiebreaker over New England and Baltimore because they beat both of them so they would've made the Playoffs anyways...and 2. if you remember the Colts got beat by the Jags in week 3 on a last second field goal...so had the Jags kicker missed that kick or whatever, they would've been 13-3 and would've been the number 1 seed.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #45
MVP

My bad on that one, I had just glanced at the schedule and looked at the wrong texans game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 01:37 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
My bad on that one, I had just glanced at the schedule and looked at the wrong texans game
Pretty sure the Texans had some bonehead turnover in both games, since they are good for one per game.

But I remember the Colts could have been 1-3 if they lost that game, I think it was a pretty big win for them because it seemed like they had lost their swagger at that point and that game IMO gave it back to them.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
Pretty sure the Texans had some bonehead turnover in both games, since they are good for one per game.

But I remember the Colts could have been 1-3 if they lost that game, I think it was a pretty big win for them because it seemed like they had lost their swagger at that point and that game IMO gave it back to them.
Didn't I just get done explaining this? They would've been 1-3, yes, but they easily could've been 2-2 because they got beat on a last second 50 yard field goal against Jackonville two weeks before that Texans game. And, that game didn't give them any swagger...yea they hammered Baltimore the week after, but then they pulled a no show in Green Bay and got beat by 20. Then got owned by Tennessee on Monday Night Football. In my opinion, they didn't gain their swagger back until they beat Pittsburgh in like week 10 or 11.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West

Yeah, sage did throw one on the possible game winning drive in the second one too where he just made a terrible decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »