Home

Big Ben the 2nd best QB in the league today? LOL

This is a discussion on Big Ben the 2nd best QB in the league today? LOL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Big Ben the 2nd best QB in the league today? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Um, there's a ton different. You're telling me that they have the same players now that they had back in the 80's? No. It's not like Big Ben is the only player that is different. Their whole roster is different. And as far as I can remember, Pittsburgh's defense this year is the best defense that I've seen in the entire league, with the exception of the 2000 Ravens, in a long time.

But like I said, give that defense to any team and they'd automatically win way more games than they won the year before. And certainly, give the leagues best QB's that defense and they'd most likely have more rings than they have now....

Regardless though, Big Ben is not the 2nd best QB in the league and that's really what this thread was about...
Still waiting
Old 02-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #74

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Um, there's a ton different. You're telling me that they have the same players now that they had back in the 80's? No. It's not like Big Ben is the only player that is different. Their whole roster is different. And as far as I can remember, Pittsburgh's defense this year is the best defense that I've seen in the entire league, with the exception of the 2000 Ravens, in a long time.

But like I said, give that defense to any team and they'd automatically win way more games than they won the year before. And certainly, give the leagues best QB's that defense and they'd most likely have more rings than they have now....

Regardless though, Big Ben is not the 2nd best QB in the league and that's really what this thread was about...
you really dance around questions you can't answer.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter73
As far as defenses, the Ravens don't have many rings for all their years of dominance on that side of the ball either. Or the Bears. Or the Titans, Eagles and so on.
Don't make factual statements. The Op's agenda might get shattered if you keep doing that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
Still waiting
I gave you my answer. That's that.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #77
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
for the next 96 hours, big ben is the best qb in the history of the NFL.

Just wait till next season when the post-superbowl euphoria dies down.
Fixed.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #78
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

I definitely understand what you are trying to say but you can't keep playing this "Give the best QB(just say Peyton Manning lol )_______ or _____, he'd have more rings then they have now" card.

Not picking on you either, but just an observation
Old 02-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
Don't make factual statements. The Op's agenda might get shattered if you keep doing that.
How is that a fact? He mentioned the Bears...their defense isn't even close to as good as Pittsburgh's...and the Titans?

The Ravens are the only defense that is on Pittsburgh's level. In MY OPINION, the Steelers defense is the best defense that I have actually witnessed with my own eyes aside from the Ravens 2000 defense...that's a compliment and you're taking it like I offended you.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
I gave you my answer. That's that.
Where?

Maybe i missed it between all your ducking routines.

I'll re-post again

Quote:
Before Ben arrived, Pitt had a strong D and running game for eons, yet they had nothing to show for it since 1980. Alot of QB's came and went. What's different now?

Explain that for me, will you please. Especially since their running game and oline is now a shell of it's former self.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »