Home

Patriots will NOT make playoffs!

This is a discussion on Patriots will NOT make playoffs! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #17
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Patriots will NOT make playoffs!

I know I'm bias here but I don't see any reason why the Pats won't make the playoffs if Brady is healthy. They have 5 picks with in the first 100 picks in the draft, so hopefully they can upgrade a few positions and get some quality depth. I think they'll do just fine though.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

one thing to remember is that AFC east teams have a tough Scheduale this year. They have to play both the AFC South and the NFC west.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok guys, I've been a Patriots fan for years and remember the bad times. I have sympathy for the original poster (Lions Fan IIRC.) I remember the late 80s and early 90s were nothing to write home about for the Pats, but 15 years later, we've got 3 Rings (so far.) So for all you Lions fans out there, 2022 isn't all that far off, Matthew Stafford could be the answer...
Old 04-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #20
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think the Pats are still in a different class than the other teams if they have a normal amount of injuries. Take last year's team and then add whatever they get for trading their backup QB.

I don't see the Phins anywhere near the playoffs though. I think they played to their potential last year and the collection of things around them made that enough to reward them into the playoffs. They used a lot of smoke and mirrors and had to play almost mistake free. Meanwhile, the Jets will be improved on defense and more "controlled" on offense, while the Bills will have a completely new look with TO. I think all of them will be around the 8-8 mark but Miami will probably be bringing up the rear.
I definitely agree that barring huge setbacks for Brady that the Pats jump to the top of the league and maybe even by a decent margin. I don't buy that the Jets will be an improved team this year though. I never was that big a believer in the 2009 Favre but the fact remains that they lost their QB and Coles in a year where they too overachieved for maybe the whole first half of the season. Bills could be improved as well but it depends on which Trent Edwards shows up. If he's constantly missing TO deep and stuff, I can see that going ugly too. Miami may have gotten fortunate last year but they really have built up their defense to the point where it's a positive and Chad Pennington is a reliable, smart QB. I think the Dolphins miss the playoffs this year regardless but I think they're the second best team in the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
I know I'm bias here but I don't see any reason why the Pats won't make the playoffs if Brady is healthy. They have 5 picks with in the first 100 picks in the draft, so hopefully they can upgrade a few positions and get some quality depth. I think they'll do just fine though.
Yeah, not only are the Pats getting a huge upgrade at the QB position from last year they have a lot of picks this year that they always seem to utilize well. They'll definitely draft some contributors to address their weakness of the last couple of years, depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eton Rifles
one thing to remember is that AFC east teams have a tough Scheduale this year. They have to play both the AFC South and the NFC west.
Okay, the AFC South I get but since when was the NFC West a tough schedule? The Cards yes but the Rams, Seahawks, and 49ers are all picking in the top 10 for a reason. Some reasons to be hopeful for all three of those teams but I wouldn't count that as a tough schedule.
NCAA: UNC
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

Bills AFC CHAMPS 2009. TO for MVP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #22
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Since we are just pulling out BOLD prediction. The lions will WIN the Super Bowl! Mine is better than the OP's.

That's the spirit. I'm not an analyst, just a fan trying to start a conversation. Yeah, I know everyone hates me already, but I love a *****.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I fail to see how a team that went 11-5 without their franchise quarterback will miss the playoffs. Stranger things have happened, I suppose...
Old 04-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nah, Not hatin on you J, We all have our teams. We like who we like, we dislike who we dislike. I respect that you don't like the Patriots much and that the Lions are your team. I wish you guys all the luck in the world this year (not being funny at all, I do.) The 76 Bucs did great things in 79. It could only be a year or two away. Who knows, maybe the Pats will see your guys in the Super Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »