Home

Top 5 WRs of all time?

This is a discussion on Top 5 WRs of all time? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #169
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Top 5 WRs of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Every WR has an area that could be improved.

First, I doubt anyone could properly evaluate the blocking of any WR from the 1970s or 1980s.

Second, every WR listed other than Moss could improve their physical ability and be as good physically as Moss.
This keeps being brought up. Every WR has an area that could be improved. What can Moss improve on then? It must not be blocking, or you wouldn't keep arguing about it? You haven't argued route running at all so that must be an area you think he can improve on. And how come everyone who mentions this refuses to break down the other receivers area to improve?

As far as breaking down receivers blocking from the 70's and 80's has nothing to do with Moss being very bad at it for much of his career.

Secondly, I would like to see the workout plan that Harrison, Carter, Sharpe, Hynes Ward need to do to run as fast as Moss and jump as high as he can reach.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #170
Banned

OVR: 8

Jerry Rice
Jerry Rice
Jerry Rice
Jerry Rice
Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice is the G.O.A.T!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
This keeps being brought up. Every WR has an area that could be improved. What can Moss improve on then? It must not be blocking, or you wouldn't keep arguing about it?
I've never said he couldn't be a better blocker. I'll assume that everyone is correct in saying that he's not good at blocking.

My point is that he clearly isn't the detriment to the run game that people want to claim he is.

Quote:
As far as breaking down receivers blocking from the 70's and 80's has nothing to do with Moss being very bad at it for much of his career.
It does if any of them were less than stellar blockers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #172
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I've never said he couldn't be a better blocker. I'll assume that everyone is correct in saying that he's not good at blocking.

My point is that he clearly isn't the detriment to the run game that people want to claim he is.

It does if any of them were less than stellar blockers.
Well then this here is why this has continued for 10 pages about a wide receiver blocking. You are arguing he isn't a detriment to the running game. They(and me) have been arguing that blocking is something that is keeping him from being a complete player. Two different conversations that only look like they are related.But this thread is about the best wr in the game. Breaking down strengths and weakness of a player is an esential part of ranking players. To the extent that the particular weakness hurt his team is irrelevant in this particular discussion.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #173
Pro

OVR: 19

1. Jerry Rice
2. Chris Carter
3. Randy Moss
4. Andre Reed
5. Tim Brown
Old 06-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 2