Home

Falcons to release Michael Vick today

This is a discussion on Falcons to release Michael Vick today within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #41
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Falcons to release Michael Vick today

So You'll take Grossman over Vick?
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
So You'll take Grossman over Vick?
At this very moment? Absolutely. With Grossman at least I know what I am getting. With Vick being out of the league for 2 years, and regressing before he left, I have no idea what I'd have to work with.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #43
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I think if given the right opportunity, Grossman can be a solid NFL QB. Grossman doesn't have the ability to carry a team on his own, but if put around a solid O-Line and talented offensive players I'll bet he could put up good numbers.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #44
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

I think it's a good move by the Falcons that shouldn't have been delayed any further. The Falcons organization has clearly moved on from Vick so they had no right to hold him hostage by keeping his rights as a player. Now, Vick can also move on from the Falcons in hopes of resuming his NFL career (mainly to pay off all the debt he now has) & the league can begin doing whatever steps may be necessary for him to possibly get back into the league.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #45
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I think it's a good move by the Falcons that shouldn't have been delayed any further. The Falcons organization has clearly moved on from Vick so they had no right to hold him hostage by keeping his rights as a player. Now, Vick can also move on from the Falcons in hopes of resuming his NFL career (mainly to pay off all the debt he now has) & the league can begin doing whatever steps may be necessary for him to possibly get back into the league.
That sounds a little strong to me. They haven't limited Vick in any way be keeping him on their roster. You could make the same case for the Packers last year with brett favre. They had clearly moved on, but they had every right to keep him because that is who he was under contract with. Just as Vick was under contract with Atlanta. The Packers were able to get a draft pick in compensation. Atlanta wasn't. But they were in their rights to try.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #46
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

What I meant was that this could have turned into an ugly ordeal had Falcons brass attempted to extract trade value out of Vick instead of releasing him outright.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
What I meant was that this could have turned into an ugly ordeal had Falcons brass attempted to extract trade value out of Vick instead of releasing him outright.

im pretty sure they did try to trade him, they just realized they were wasting there time
Old 06-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 10

man all of you are crazy takeing grossman over vick . grossman is nothing more then a backup at the very least vick will be a capable back up still and hell he should be a starter still in this league. i dont understand why teams wont try and pursue him he still can ball and he still will sell tickets. yes i hate what he did to dogs i love dogs. Vikings, dolphins, rams,niners,jags they should all be going after vick. vick will do wonders for the rams and jags selling tickets and for the other teams he will bring in qb help and sit on the bench for a little bit and be ready
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »