Home

Who from your favorite team can you honestly claim as the best ever at his position?

This is a discussion on Who from your favorite team can you honestly claim as the best ever at his position? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Who from your favorite team can you honestly claim as the best ever at his position?

Please name no one except from your favorite team. As a Cowboys fan, I can name only one:

Larry Allen is the best guard to ever play. I could name another, but he wasn't here long enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Who from your favorite team can you honestly claim as the best ever at his positi

Larry Csonka. His only competition is Jim Brown, but Brown was a poor blocker. Csonka could play FB in any era. Dwight Stephenson, despite his short career, made the HOF.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Who from your favorite team can you honestly claim as the best ever at his positi

Hm, there may be some debate but one can say Bruce Smith is the best at his position or at the very least in the top 5.

Steve Tasker is more or less the best special teamer to ever play as he was more then just a KR. He was on Kickoff and Punt Kick teams as well. Tasker also saw some very limited time at WR IIRC.

Sam Gash was the best blocking FB i've ever seen and he even made the Pro Bowl without a single rushing attempt one year however he was only in Buffalo for 3 years.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I could open myself up for homer accusations and say Emmitt Smith, but I'll go the safer route and agree with Freelance about Larry Allen.

I do think an argument can be made for Smith, as in his prime he pretty much excelled at every facet of the position and his longevity at the position is unmatched, but it's definitely not a open-and-shut case as there have been too many great players at the running back position.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Chicago Bears.
Devin Hester - KR/PR

That may be all.

Walter Payton at HB is too debatable, as is Ditka at TE, as is Butkus at MLB. So I'll just leave it at Hester.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

There are too many tackles to say who's the best but Willie Roaf was definitely one of the best at his position.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Reggie White and two words to describe him: Straight Monster.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
Rookie

kzoz21's Arena

OVR: 12

mawae

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »