Home

Demarcus Ware - Hides From Coaches To Help Ellis

This is a discussion on Demarcus Ware - Hides From Coaches To Help Ellis within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Demarcus Ware - Hides From Coaches To Help Ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
fixed that for ya.Unfortunately we cant fire our owner.Talent with poor Leadership=no playoff wins,thanks jerry.As for Ellis making his comment,Isnt he a Raider now?
I don't agree with Jerry Jones' decision making skills, but I do like him as a person. The majority of his players are very loyal to him, even the ones he's cut. He's a very hands on kind of owner who takes a personal interest in his players.

Having said that, he sucks at evaluating leadership. He's a pretty good judge of talent, but he can't choose coaches or team leaders worth a damn. Starting with Switzer it was all down hill, and Parcells was a TERRIBLE fit for a team as flamboyant as the Cowboys.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Starting with Switzer it was all down hill, and Parcells was a TERRIBLE fit for a team as flamboyant as the Cowboys.
I agree, Parcells was okay,not the best fit but definitely a good coach and got them turned in the right direction.

Last edited by ANDROMADA 1; 07-09-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #11
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Parcells wasn't the right fit for the Cowboys -- ideaology wise -- but you can't deny all the talent he brought in and the fact that he turned the team around. Look at the roster, almost all the worthwhile players were hand selected by Parcells & his scouts. Can't deny those kind of results.

As for Jerry Jones, players love him and respect him. While many don't agree with him in many facets of business, etc, I give it to the man that he always strives to do whatever he can to make his team both relevant & winning. Sure he gets in his own way at times, but when he decides to show lack of ego (hiring Jimmy Johnson & Parcells to name a few), he makes big things happen for his team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #12
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Parcells wasn't the right fit for the Cowboys -- ideaology wise -- but you can't deny all the talent he brought in and the fact that he turned the team around. Look at the roster, almost all the worthwhile players were hand selected by Parcells & his scouts. Can't deny those kind of results.

As for Jerry Jones, players love him and respect him. While many don't agree with him in many facets of business, etc, I give it to the man that he always strives to do whatever he can to make his team both relevant & winning. Sure he gets in his own way at times, but when he decides to show lack of ego (hiring Jimmy Johnson & Parcells to name a few), he makes big things happen for his team.
I already agreed with most of this.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #13
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

LOL you have to consider the source of this information. Ellis is looney
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #14
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Ok, this is how stupid and bogus Ellis' comment's are.

1. Ware and Ellis don't even play the same position. Ware plays weak side; Ellis backed up ANTHONY SPENCER on the right side.

2. Ware played exactly 95 percent of Dallas' defensive snaps last year. On the rare event that he came off - for an equipment problem, to shake off an injury, to confer with a defensive coach, or just to get a quick breather on a long drive - that left very few plays for anyone, and Ellis did not fill in for him there.

Ellis is a good guy and had a good career here, but he's the biggest sour grapes whiny baby the past couple of years I've ever seen.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 22

D-Ware commented on this yesterday with Norm Hitzges. It is not true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
fixed that for ya.Unfortunately we cant fire our owner.Talent with poor Leadership=no playoff wins,thanks jerry.As for Ellis making his comment,Isnt he a Raider now?
Actually, Jerry the owner is pretty damn good. There are a TON of teams and their fans who would be thrilled to have an owner who puts as much into the team as he does. That said, he does have one glaring weakness...he trusts his horrible GM too much.

Jerry the GM is horrible, he makes rash decisions and has that same Al Davis "You can't tell me I can't do this" kind of attitude. The only difference is Jerry hangs onto player loyalties longer while Al is quicker to sever ties. He needs to get out of the way. He's like an over-protective parent...does more harm than good...lol.

More on topic, I think D-Ware was probably on the field for as many or more snaps as anyone on that D. The guy is one of the few legit talents on that team (not that the team doesn't have talent, only that the bulk of it is generally not as good as some would like to think).

The only knock on him is that, much like Romo, he's been too passive to be considered an effective leader. Whether or not that will change, I dunno. Leaders can't go with the flow. The Cowboys are certainly short on THAT attribute top to bottom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »