Home

Watching NFL Replay: Fins/Birds Wildcard game: Pat White could win that job.

This is a discussion on Watching NFL Replay: Fins/Birds Wildcard game: Pat White could win that job. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #33
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Watching NFL Replay: Fins/Birds Wildcard game: Pat White could win that job.

I can see Shotgun Styles' point about the Wildcat possibly working as a full time offense though you would need to have the right personnel to pull it off. It's not unusual for teams to take a totally collegiate offense and have some measure of success with it. The last time it really worked (other then the Run n' Shoot) was a LOOONG time ago though in the late '70s when Marv Levy brought in the Wing T formation mainly because the QB at the time in KC sucked.

The Wing T in a lot of ways can be called the grand daddy of the Wildcat but it was a much more deliberate and boring offense. I have a '78 Chiefs/Chargers game and it literally put me to sleep! (didn't help that the Chargers played against type that game by running the ball more then passing) The Chiefs under Levy improved year after year but it was very incremental. I think by his last year they had moved away from the Wing T as the base offense but still kept it in the playbook.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #34
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Watching NFL Replay: Fins/Birds Wildcard game: Pat White could win that job.

The fact is Pat White isn't an accurate thrower in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Beach Post
White continued to struggle with the accuracy of his passes, hitting the crossbar on one throw into the end zone and nearly hitting a golf cart in which Bill Parcells was sitting on an overthrow to Brandon London.

You can be an elusive runner in the NFL and for a while you may fool people, even win a rookie of the year award. (VY I'm talking to you.) But if you can't keep teams honest with you ability to attack the field vertically, and teams get more and more tape on you, you will have a short shelf life in the NFL as a starter. Any gimmick offense you want to dial up and try to run as a base in the NFL today needs to keep teams honest. There is too much speed in the game at every position to be a one trick pony. Hell a player like Adalius Thomas played 10 or 11 different positions his last year in Baltimore to include CB, FS.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #35
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9

I think chad henne will start before pat white does.

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »