Home

Did anybody read this about Marvin Harrison

This is a discussion on Did anybody read this about Marvin Harrison within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Did anybody read this about Marvin Harrison

^That make sense. Of course, we all have skeletons in the closet.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Did u really expect Marvin to not be that way? lol. And I'm surprised no one heard about this. There were plenty of times when Marvin was mad with Peyton after a game simply because he didn't get a lot of balls. But usually when that happened, Peyton made sure that Marvin was more involved the following game. I've always known about this. But I thought most everyone else did too. And I don't see the big deal about it. Every big time receiver like that is going to want the ball....
I think Payton was a strong enough leader to manage a hall of fame, dominant wr. Strong qbs managed their ball hungry wrs and win games.

Harrison isn't playing not because of his attitude because he is a 37 year old wr that game was built on his route running, quickness, and speed and with age he lost his quickness and speed and he doesn't play special teams.

Harrison will look really good in a yellow jacket.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers
grunt,I just find it interesting. When guys like Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson sound off,the first thing someone says is,"they should be more like Marvin Harrison" Now come to find out he's the same way.
Marvin was just quite but real bad boys move in silence.

I remember when Marvin walked off the field before the game was over and Dungy covered for him. When Marvin was catching 100 plus balls a year there wasn't a reason to complain but when Reggie Wayne started to cut into his balls then problems and attitudes start becoming more of a problem.

Qwens and Johnson are just east targets. When the Bengals had that good season Chad was a great and colorful player but when they started to loss be became a distraction. Madden once said that the same thing you accept when you are winning a team have to accept when they are losing.

Keyshawn Johnson was kicked off the Bucs was a prime example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Banned

hotboyz81's Arena

OVR: 9

If only the Patriots picked him up. Everyone behaves good under the Bill Belichick system, IMO.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 49

I find these comments funny. Marvin Harrison is a great team player. The only reason he left Indy, was he wanted to much money, and still does. Come down in price, and a team would grab him. He is a hall of famer.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #14
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm just gonna come out and say it.
Do you guys really wanna go on record as saying you believe the words of any reporter who doesn't have the balls to name names?
Okay, so he's putting one of the NFL's most tight lipped players on blast and you expect a reply?

Listen, it takes a certain mentality to play at sports highest level, and I'm sorry to say but more than half of the professional sports figures that you guys hold in high esteem aren't the nicest guys. That's just the way it is. You don't train that hard and go the extra mile without being compulsively dysfunctional in some way.

Namath drank and was a womanizer.

Bo Jackson would seem to generally be one of the most rough against the grain people that could be walking the planet.

Hornung gambled.

Plaxico is a walking brainless....Seahorse, which oddly enough I feel is an insult to Searhorses everywhere.

They are not perfect...don't expect them to be.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik
I'm just gonna come out and say it.
Do you guys really wanna go on record as saying you believe the words of any reporter who doesn't have the balls to name names?
Okay, so he's putting one of the NFL's most tight lipped players on blast and you expect a reply?

Listen, it takes a certain mentality to play at sports highest level, and I'm sorry to say but more than half of the professional sports figures that you guys hold in high esteem aren't the nicest guys. That's just the way it is. You don't train that hard and go the extra mile without being compulsively dysfunctional in some way.

Namath drank and was a womanizer.

Bo Jackson would seem to generally be one of the most rough against the grain people that could be walking the planet.

Hornung gambled.

Plaxico is a walking brainless....Seahorse, which oddly enough I feel is an insult to Searhorses everywhere.

They are not perfect...don't expect them to be.
Sound about right but some get more love than others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

"Do you guys really wanna go on record as saying you believe the words of any reporter who doesn't have the balls to name names?"

You mean the way the majority of people believed the words of the "unnamed" Cowboys player who ranted to Ed Werder about Terrell Owens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »