Home

Mike and Mike Rant - Greeny Goes Off

This is a discussion on Mike and Mike Rant - Greeny Goes Off within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #57
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Mike and Mike Rant - Greeny Goes Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Uh no. Greeny made the point about how those 9-5 Micky D people (paraphrasing) were priced out of those seats by the players who made millions of dollars like Henson who should be "lucky" to play the game because he is paid by the fans. I made a point that the fans don't pay the players the owners do and the owners are the ones who push for luxury boxes and the mediea like Greeny perpetuate this by focusing on everything besides the game etc.....
The fans very much PAY the players. Not directly as the owner does...say out of his checkbook, but through Merchandise, concessions, parking, season tickets, seat licenses, etc. there's a HUGE chunk of revenue paid exclusively by fans.

To say we don't pay their salaries in at least SOME capacity is utterly dumbfounding.

So...I can see exactly what Greeny is ranting about. Especially when you consider the insulting tone, and suggestion by one Robert Henson that the average paying fan is a 9-5 McDonald's worker?!?!?

That sends an elitist stuck up mentality to me from this, NOT EVEN ACTIVE PLAYER on Sunday. Who like Greeny said, was no more part of the game than the fans. No. Mr. Henson seems to think as ME avg. fan as no other than a windbag that will yell and scream to the top of my lungs when his defensive mates want MY help to confuse the opposing QB w/ hysteric noise.

Quote:
I think Greeny's rant is off based because Henson can call the fans whatever he wants. Greeny was trying to play up this I am every fan angle and it is bush league stuff (repeated every generation by the great white media). This chastisement of athletes for making too much money playing the game is beyond old and very annoying to me. I could rant about Greeny and his comments about people (Al Davis or anyone else he has been critical of who he and ESPN belittle daily) and tell him how lucky he is to make that much money talking about sports all day. He is going over the line....etc

Frankly what Henson said on twitter is what snarky psuedo-journalist-media rats like Greeny do all day.
Sure. Henson can call the fans whatever he wants, and we have the right to boo whatever team we cheer for.

I freaking listen to DC sports radio everyday (unfortunately), and on Sundays mostly have to suffer through Redskins football until Sunday night. I see on Sundays, what the fans who booed see at that god awful stadium nonetheless which takes an eternity to vacate, and I can definitely understand their anger and frustration.

They've got every right to boo that team, specifically the anemic offense, and especially after this past Sunday's performance. Chris Cooley wants to voice his opinion on Elliot in the morning. Fine. He did so professionally, AND w/o the faceless shameless non-vocal twitter account mind you.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I think Greeny's rant is off based because Henson can call the fans whatever he wants. Greeny was trying to play up this I am every fan angle and it is bush league stuff (repeated every generation by the great white media). This chastisement of athletes for making too much money playing the game is beyond old and very annoying to me. I could rant about Greeny and his comments about people (Al Davis or anyone else he has been critical of who he and ESPN belittle daily) and tell him how lucky he is to make that much money talking about sports all day. He is going over the line....etc

Frankly what Henson said on twitter is what snarky psuedo-journalist-media rats like Greeny do all day.
Except for bringing race into it, I agree w/what you R saying. This is akin to a politician picking some hot button, yet minor & insignificant, topic that is going to get a rise out of the populace, curry their favor, as if he really cares about their plight. It is really of no consequence whatsoever, but allows him to get patted on the back by fans foolish enough to believe he's one of them.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #59

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Isn't he one of "us" though? He has Jets season tickets and has for years.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Just listened again, I loved it.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Isn't he one of "us" though? He has Jets season tickets and has for years.
Is he an NFL Fan? Yes.

Is he the everyday NFL Fan? Heck, no.

He's not saving up for 6 months to buy an overpriced ticket, enduring long lines, drunken patrons, a mile walk from his parking spot, thrilled just to be able to see his favorite team w/a pair of binoculars from his seats 1000 feet in the air. If he's frustrated w/his team's performance, he can talk directly to the team. Or better for him, cowardly sit behind a mike w/a national forum to disgust his dipleasure & rouse his audience to feel the same way.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #62

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Is he an NFL Fan? Yes.

Is he the everyday NFL Fan? Heck, no.

He's not saving up for 6 months to buy an overpriced ticket, enduring long lines, drunken patrons, a mile walk from his parking spot, thrilled just to be able to see his favorite team w/a pair of binoculars from his seats 1000 feet in the air.
All of this I disagree with. I don't see how we can claim he isn't an everyday NFL fan just because he has a good enough job to be able to easily afford tickets, pay for a good parking spot, take the elevator to his seats, whatever the case may be. In my opinion he has never taken an elitist attitude about this. He makes a good living and spends his money how he sees fit, does that make him not an everyday NFL fan?

Quote:
If he's frustrated w/his team's performance, he can talk directly to the team. Or better for him, cowardly sit behind a mike w/a national forum to disgust his dipleasure & rouse his audience to feel the same way.
So because it is his job to do that it makes him less of a fan or more of a cowherd?

He is ticked off at this guy for how he generalized fans of the Redskins to be, he took it personally as a season ticket holder, albeit of a different team, and went off, how does it make him any more cowardly than 99% of all other radio show hosts who do the same thing when something upsets them.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
All of this I disagree with. I don't see how we can claim he isn't an everyday NFL fan just because he has a good enough job to be able to easily afford tickets, pay for a good parking spot, take the elevator to his seats, whatever the case may be. In my opinion he has never taken an elitist attitude about this. He makes a good living and spends his money how he sees fit, does that make him not an everyday NFL fan?

So because it is his job to do that it makes him less of a fan or more of a cowherd?

He is ticked off at this guy for how he generalized fans of the Redskins to be, he took it personally as a season ticket holder, albeit of a different team, and went off, how does it make him any more cowardly than 99% of all other radio show hosts who do the same thing when something upsets them.
Do you really think the average everyday NFL fan gets the perks Greeny gets, w/the forum he has? Come on, kehlis.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #64

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Do you really think the average everyday NFL fan gets the perks Greeny gets, w/the forum he has? Come on, kehlis.
What perks are we talking about?

Box seats? parking spaces? If he gets those through ESPN then sure, he has an unfair advantage but I really don't think he does.

If the perks are talking with players, executives; that's part of his job, and what a great job that would be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »