Home

Terrell Owens: Hall of Famer?

This is a discussion on Terrell Owens: Hall of Famer? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Terrell Owens: Hall of Famer?

T.O. easily makes the Hall of Fame. There's no question about it; he's already done a lot more than quite a few of the receivers already in there. The funny thing is arguably three of the top 5 receivers ever have played mostly in the last ten years.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 09-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Hall Of Fame Definately. If Michael Irvin made it so shall TO
Old 09-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
I'd say no. The Hall of Fame is about the best football players, not the best stats. Granted, the latter often times indicates the former, but in this case, I'm not so sure.

Three seperate NFL franchises have decided that their football team would be better off without Owens, regardless of his stats, and it looks like we're on the way to a fourth team reaching that conclusion.

I'd put him in a Hall of Very Good, but I think his attitude and the friction that he has created with teammates and coaches everywhere he has gone should keep him out of the Hall of Fame.
I'd put you in the Hall of Stupid and not just for this post. Who gives a damn about how he got along with teammates. The bottom line is he produced and produced impressively. Guy has more receptions,more yards and more touchdowns that any receiver currently in the Hall of Fame. The guy is a Hall of Famer period. Now will it be first ballot,probably not,but he will be there.

Hall of very good,boy I ****in swear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Its not the Hall of Good Character! His number speaks for itself!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 17

Why would he not be a HOF'er? Because he's an *******? That's just stupid.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #14
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

HOF selectors know that all off-field & personal biases towards a player are to be cast aside when it comes to debating on any players anointment... plain and simple. With that, TO would be a lock regardless. Simply put, he has the stats and production to justify his worthiness. If he were a system player it would be one thing, but Owens has clearly shown he can be productive in multiple offenses, teams and with multiple QBs.

I think he may not get in on his first go around, but definitely he will not be kept out for long. The only way I couldn't see him getting in is if there is a log-jam with incoming HOFers. For instance, guys like Andre Reed, Cris Carter, etc have yet to be inducted and if they're still sitting around come enshrinement time, TO may end up taking a back-burner.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #15
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
HOF selectors know that all off-field & personal biases towards a player are to be cast aside when it comes to debating on any players anointment... plain and simple. With that, TO would be a lock regardless. Simply put, he has the stats and production to justify his worthiness. If he were a system player it would be one thing, but Owens has clearly shown he can be productive in multiple offenses, teams and with multiple QBs.

I think he may not get in on his first go around, but definitely he will not be kept out for long. The only way I couldn't see him getting in is if there is a log-jam with incoming HOFers. For instance, guys like Andre Reed, Cris Carter, etc have yet to be inducted and if they're still sitting around come enshrinement time, TO may end up taking a back-burner.
T.O. has already pretty much had a better career than both of those guys.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Even though it's our 11th Commandment as an Eagles' fan to hate 'em, yes TO should be a first ballot HOF'r. Especially when Michael "a crackhead forgot his pipe" Irvin sits amongst those legends. Even though his numbers were worthy, character played no part in his inclusion or not. So why not TO's? Even though his show sux and he should be fined everytime it's aired by the Commish

Oh yeah Michael we're still at the VET cheering as you lay motionless on the turf....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »