Home

Jets at Saints

This is a discussion on Jets at Saints within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Jets at Saints

this is a game thats kind of flown under the radar a little bit
obviously not a rivalry game, but never the less, very interesting.

Vilma gets a chance to terrorize his former team

'at the end of the day' .... i dont see the 'rookie' Sanchize, beating a hot veteran like Drew Brees and the Saints are HOT

Saints win 37-24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Jets at Saints

I am torn here. On one hand I want the Jets to win to for sure stay ahead of the Pats but on the other hand I really like seeing the Saints offense and Brees is great. This is a game where I do not want either team to lose but I am thinking New Orleans winning would be the best as it also could possibly help out Indy.

Gah, screw that. Go Jets.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Saints - 34

Jets - 17

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 55

I am rooting for the Saints all the way. This game will be a great early season litmus test for the consistency of that Jets D. They pulled off a great performance against a more familiar division foe in New England... can they keep up the consistency and get after Drew Brees? If I'm not mistaken, Brees was only sacked 5 times ALL last season..

Is the Saints running game and defense for real? Very uncharacteristically successful so far in this early season.

I wish I could watch this game... maybe it'll air in my area (Minnesota) since the Vikes are on Monday Night.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm extremely interested in the Jets pressure D against the Saints' Drew Brees. If there's one way to upset a QB-WR rhythm, it's pressure. Getting to him consistently, whether it's for a sack, a hurry, or a legal hit, will take its toll over the course of the game.

I think the wild card here is the Saints ground game. They'll be anticipating the Jets blitzes, and I think if they have success early on with Pierre Thomas and maybe some Reggie Bush getting it in space off screens and the like, the game will favor New Orleans.

Mark Sanchez has been awesome for the Jets so far, but I can't help but think at some point he's going to look like a rookie. He's proven me wrong every week so far, but it's going to happen. I think the Saints defense, yes, the defense, is the one to do it.

I'm high on the Saints right now. Until they prove otherwise, I'm going to stick with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I'm extremely interested in the Jets pressure D against the Saints' Drew Brees. If there's one way to upset a QB-WR rhythm, it's pressure. Getting to him consistently, whether it's for a sack, a hurry, or a legal hit, will take its toll over the course of the game.

I.
I think we saw that a great deal last week when they played the Bills. The Bills got a lot of pressure and upset Brees' timing for about 3 quarters. If the Jets can do that and stop the Saints run game then it'll be a looong day.

I like the mental toughness i've seen from New Orleans which has been something they've never really had in Brees' tenure there. I can see this being a low scoring defensive struggle which will be determined by a key mistake one way or the other.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I think we saw that a great deal last week when they played the Bills. The Bills got a lot of pressure and upset Brees' timing for about 3 quarters. If the Jets can do that and stop the Saints run game then it'll be a looong day.

I like the mental toughness i've seen from New Orleans which has been something they've never really had in Brees' tenure there. I can see this being a low scoring defensive struggle which will be determined by a key mistake one way or the other.
He was also playing in a windy stadium and had people open but due to wind the ball wasn't getting there like it will in the superdome.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
He was also playing in a windy stadium and had people open but due to wind the ball wasn't getting there like it will in the superdome.
Yeah Brees doesnt have the strongest arm. And thats a lot of if's!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »