Home

Chris Samuels retire

This is a discussion on Chris Samuels retire within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Chris Samuels retire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The sad thing is it's nothing new. The Skins had every reason to get depth at oline BEFORE bc of the same issue and didn't. It's a shame.

BTW, he has said it's not definite yet but all signs are pointing to him hanging them up.
exactly. heard a report he has been dealing with this the past 3 seasons. inexcusable to not address the o line at any point over that span. front office getting their just due these days...too bad the fans are as well...
Old 10-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

For a while there, Sammuels and Jansen were arguably the best OT tandem in the league...

Time sure does fly in the NFL...

Good luck, guys...
Old 10-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I didn't see this topic until now, but I have been following this story since it happened and I have to tell you this makes me a little depressed inside. Samuels is one of those players who don't play a "star" position on your team, but you as a fan root for him. Samuels has always been one of my favorite Redskins and is my favorite lineman of all time and to see him go so early really hurts.

Knowing the severity of the injury though, I can not blame him if he does decide to retire. I would rather him lead a healthy life after football instead of risking anything like paralysis. If he does indeed retire, it'll be a sad day in Redskin nation(what day isn't?) and it'll most likely get worse come draft when our front office drafts skill position players over lineman. If our front office focused on all lineman this draft, I can see us looking good in the future. We need a RB though soon, Portis is getting near 30 along with Betts and Cartwright.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 06:00 AM   #12
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I didn't see this topic until now, but I have been following this story since it happened and I have to tell you this makes me a little depressed inside. Samuels is one of those players who don't play a "star" position on your team, but you as a fan root for him. Samuels has always been one of my favorite Redskins and is my favorite lineman of all time and to see him go so early really hurts.

Knowing the severity of the injury though, I can not blame him if he does decide to retire. I would rather him lead a healthy life after football instead of risking anything like paralysis. If he does indeed retire, it'll be a sad day in Redskin nation(what day isn't?) and it'll most likely get worse come draft when our front office drafts skill position players over lineman. If our front office focused on all lineman this draft, I can see us looking good in the future. We need a RB though soon, Portis is getting near 30 along with Betts and Cartwright.
portis may be getting near 30 but his legs are aging in dog years. this team has too many holes to fix. not enough draft picks to fill them. the salary cap is going to catch up with them at some point. this franchise as a whole is in very serious trouble and there is no light at the end of the tunnel with danny boy as owner...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #13
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The sad thing is it's nothing new. The Skins had every reason to get depth at oline BEFORE bc of the same issue and didn't. It's a shame.

BTW, he has said it's not definite yet but all signs are pointing to him hanging them up.

Yep, the front office REFUSES to draft OL they are still operating under the thought that you can fix every position through FA. Funny though the skins drafted Samuels and Jensen in 1999 and 2000. For 8 years they didn't have all these issues with the online, because the bookends were solid and could mask other issues, now with the tackles being garbage the whole line looks like trash.

I've said it before and I will say it again. They are now 2 years behind in the development of the Oline and in the draft failing to take Michael Oher when he was there was a huge mistake, by Vinny and the rest of the front office.

That said, all the best to Big #60. He was a gamer who for a 3-4 year stretch was arguably one of the top 3 LT in football. You will be missed big fella HAIL!

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »