Home

Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens

This is a discussion on Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Week 8: Broncos @ Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think the Ravens will win this one. West coast team coming east, both coming off the bye but the Ravens should be more hungry with this being a must win game, home crowd, etc.

I'm worried about the rest of the season in general though. Our next 3 games are against teams coming off the bye week. This week is undefeated DEN, next week is at CIN, still gotta play PIT twice, IND, GB and even the lowly Browns will be coming out of a bye when the Ravens head up there. I'm starting to think it'll be a miracle if they make the playoffs unless a shutdown corner or big time pass rusher falls from the sky.
1. Denver is not on the West Coast. This may come to a shock to some, but Colorado is more in the middle of the Country than on the West Coast.
2. Heard the same thing about the Chargers, who were coming off a bye, in a must win game, a home game with a team that was hungry.
3. What will people say if the Broncos win this game?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
1. Denver is not on the West Coast. This may come to a shock to some, but Colorado is more in the middle of the Country than on the West Coast.
2. Heard the same thing about the Chargers, who were coming off a bye, in a must win game, a home game with a team that was hungry.
So I guess the history of problems with teams from the West going East is about if they literally practice on the water, right? Has nothing to do with the travel time, difference in time zone or playing a game 3 hours earlier than they normally would. Maybe your technicality makes more sense than what I was saying, I don't know.

You heard the same thing about a team in San Diego compared to a team on the other side of the country? My post was clear, it doesn't need any help with you chopping it up. If my point was only about the the team coming off a bye, in a must win game and at home then that's all I would've said. Whether you want to believe it or not, the trip out East for a 1pm EST game does play a factor.

I don't know what people will say but I personally won't be surprised considering I said the Broncos would be better than people expected coming into the season and haven't been surprised by any of their victories to this point. You can check my history if you want. I made my prediction on this game and that was all it was. You need to find a different poster if you're looking for a pissing match.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
1. Denver is not on the far West Coast. This may come to a shock to some, but Colorado is more in the middle of the Country than on the West Coast.
Are you having a bad day? Pretty sure Will knows that Denver isn't on the West coast but the fact of the matter is they are still traveling 2 hours out of their time zone to play a 1 p.m. (est) game. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand that you felt the need to make big deal out of Mountain and the Pacific time zone. And by the way, the general term of West coast includes the Mountain time zone.

Quote:
Absolutely, and we will continue to hear this for the rest of the season, I would prefer this as opposed to the Broncos being the favorites all the time.

Quote:
Who cares? Just keep playing the way they are playing and their play will speak for themselves.

I don't understand why some people are so concerned about what others think about the Broncos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Ed Reed just jacked Moreno up.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Great catch by Clayton.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Great catch by Clayton to go up for the ball.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

I have been very unimpressed with the new Broncos punter thus far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

Oops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »