Home

Week 9: Ravens @ Bengals

This is a discussion on Week 9: Ravens @ Bengals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Week 9: Ravens @ Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
It's final Bengals win 17-7. I can't remember last time we swept Baltimore for the year, and we still stand undefeated in the AFC North. Great win for the Bengals today.
Carson Palmer has the Ravens number, plain and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It is time to admit it. The Ravens are not that good this year. They are very undisciplined. Way too many penalty's. They are very inconsistent in their play. One week the offense clicks the next it is a mess. The secondary has been terrible all year. And I still think Mattison is way over his head. Other teams get pressure with a four man rush. The Ravens can't.
Hopefully Washington's injury is lingering and Webb starts for him the next few weeks. Dude is a little meast out there.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Hopefully Washington's injury is lingering and Webb starts for him the next few weeks. Dude is a little meast out there.
He should have been out there since the last Bengals game when they saw Carr get his a$$ handed to him over and over again, I was surprised they didn't make a move. I just cannot believe we can put up 23 points on the Broncos and only 14 points in 8 qtrs on the Bengals. Also, Willis McGahee has no carries since hmmm damn, the last Browns game? No he had a couple in the Vikings game.

Lastly, the Ravens did a horrible job of film study. If they had studied other teams they would have gotten Heap very involved in this damn game against the Bengals. Maybe even use LJ Smith. But nope, they tried to test deep with WR's when it has been TE's that have had great games against the Bengals defense. Owen Daniels and Heath Miller anyone? We won't even make the playoffs this year, not like this.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
He should have been out there since the last Bengals game when they saw Carr get his a$$ handed to him over and over again, I was surprised they didn't make a move. I just cannot believe we can put up 23 points on the Broncos and only 14 points in 8 qtrs on the Bengals. Also, Willis McGahee has no carries since hmmm damn, the last Browns game? No he had a couple in the Vikings game.

Lastly, the Ravens did a horrible job of film study. If they had studied other teams they would have gotten Heap very involved in this damn game against the Bengals. Maybe even use LJ Smith. But nope, they tried to test deep with WR's when it has been TE's that have had great games against the Bengals defense. Owen Daniels and Heath Miller anyone? We won't even make the playoffs this year, not like this.
Dude, the way we played today I don't know if we can beat the Browns. It is an away Monday night rivarly game afterall, so that could temporarily prevent them from packing it in just for that game. FYI, I don't want Foxworth on this team next year, not even as a nickel. Dude spends so much time on his *** it's ridiculous. We should cut him and take the salary hit. He's almost not NFL caliber at this point.

FYYI: saying they played undisciplined as part of their loss is a total cop out. The fact of the matter is on our defensive secondary, noone except Ed Reed is a starter on another team. We simply have bad players that disciplined our not, will not get the job done against a team that is mediocre to above average. Once again, the blame goes to Ozzie and his worst offseason in the history of the franchise.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #29
Banned

Let me also add to my list of horrible offseason moves. Paying Suggs, an above average but non elite defensive end historic money is absolutely suicidal.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 47

I think the Bengals are for real. The Ravens really are a yo-yo team. Some days Flacco looks amazing and some games he looks very average. He killed me today in FF.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Dude, the way we played today I don't know if we can beat the Browns. It is an away Monday night rivarly game afterall, so that could temporarily prevent them from packing it in just for that game. FYI, I don't want Foxworth on this team next year, not even as a nickel. Dude spends so much time on his *** it's ridiculous. We should cut him and take the salary hit. He's almost not NFL caliber at this point.

FYYI: saying they played undisciplined as part of their loss is a total cop out. The fact of the matter is on our defensive secondary, noone except Ed Reed is a starter on another team. We simply have bad players that disciplined our not, will not get the job done against a team that is mediocre to above average. Once again, the blame goes to Ozzie and his worst offseason in the history of the franchise.
I'm not saying that is why we lost. We lost because the Bengals are a better team. But you cannot tell me this team is a disciplined team. They lead the league in flags. That's undisciplined and that's on the coaches.

Also, and I will stand by this. The Ravens do their best on offense when they run no huddle. They didn't run no huddle today until the drive they scored. When they do not run no huddle they look very sloppy offensively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I will no longer pick against the Bengals. They prove me wrong every time.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »