Home

A new era in Oakland begins

This is a discussion on A new era in Oakland begins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
A new era in Oakland begins

The Bruce Gradkowski Era.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...playerId=10446

Looks like JaMarcus could unseat Leaf as the biggest draft bust in history (wishful thinking) before it's all said and done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: A new era in Oakland begins

Yeah I saw this on SC about an hour ago, was gonna make a thread about it, but I posted it in the CIN/OAK thread.

I don't think it'll help much. Gradkowski is just as bad as Russell, maybe a little more accurate. I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell starting again in a few weeks.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

hooray?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

If i'm Jeff Garcia i make a video of myself pointing at the camera and laughing hysterically for 5 or so minutes. Then I send 2 copies to Oakland.....one to Al Davis and the other to Tom Cable.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
If i'm Jeff Garcia i make a video of myself pointing at the camera and laughing hysterically for 5 or so minutes. Then I send 2 copies to Oakland.....one to Al Davis and the other to Tom Cable.
That's pretty funny, but Garcia wanted out of Oakland. He's even said some things about how bad the organization is since he left. They didn't push him out, he did what most players that get an inside look of that situation should do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

Yeah,.****ssel's heart isn't in the game, they say that he is the first person to leave the Raiders complex everyday and he doesn't stay late to study or prepare.

Look,..the Man has 30 Million Guaranteed, he can just sit back for the rest of his life collecting cars and girls, and living the good life.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

There's 2 sides I see to this:

Russell should've never been placed into this position into the first place if he had even a decent coaching staff leading him. Regardless of how badly the team looked, he was asked to play with only a few weeks experience of the offense his rookie season so he was essentially given a death sentence for a QB. Everyone knew he was still raw and though he had (and still has) loads of potential he needed time to be simply taught...

On the contrary, Russell should've shut-up, got his money and went into training camp instead of holding out for probably 5-10 more mil (I'd like just 1 million personally and I'll sign the dotted line right now ). Sure his immaturity and work ethic, along with an indifferent coach, largely contributed but I believe his neglect for a hugely critical learning process was the major pitfall.

As an aside, I don't see how rookies haven't learned from years' past and realize the importance of signing a contract and getting into training camp ASAP -- holdouts never workout in the long run.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Did you guys know that when Russell entered the draft, that every team had him projected as a 4th rounder,..but not Oakland,..LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »