Home

Anyone remember this?

This is a discussion on Anyone remember this? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 03:47 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Anyone remember this?

Lest we forget that Tagliabue sent the Jaguars back out there after a 30 minute delay to run out the clock with thousands of drunken Browns fans still hurling numerous objects at them.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Exactly why I sell my season tix every year. Too many drunken morons who lose any common sense at the games these days.
In all fairness to the fans, the refs blew (I dont think you can even call it that, its much worse) the call, ending the Cleveland Browns chance at a playoff spot when in all fact it was the easiest call in the world to make. Basically, they screwed the Browns and they knew they were doing it, which made it worse.

Id be pissed off too and hurl stuff at them.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Lest we forget that Tagliabue sent the Jaguars back out there after a 30 minute delay to run out the clock with thousands of drunken Browns fans still hurling numerous objects at them.
Yea, great stuff. From what I read from articles about it, And McCauley (the ref) spoke to Tagliabue on the phone about ending the game and Tagliabue told him to get back out there and finish it. When asked why Tagliabue said, "There could be a bad snap from the center."

LMAO!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 03:53 AM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
In all fairness to the fans, the refs blew (I dont think you can even call it that, its much worse) the call, ending the Cleveland Browns chance at a playoff spot when in all fact it was the easiest call in the world to make. Basically, they screwed the Browns and they knew they were doing it, which made it worse.

Id be pissed off too and hurl stuff at them.
It's a game, no one should be throwing things at people on the field. Football as a great of a game as it is, is not life or death.

As I said, too many drunken morons, who lack common sense, or any sense or rationality.

As bad of a call as it was, I'd be embarrassed if I was one of those people throwing things.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:56 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
It's a game, no one should be throwing things at people on the field. Football as a great of a game as it is, is not life or death.

As I said, too many drunken morons, who lack common sense, or any sense or rationality.

As bad of a call as it was, I'd be embarrassed if I was one of those people throwing things.
I wouldn't, because when it comes to the NFL, you know the refs wouldn't be reprimanded. They never do.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I wouldn't, because when it comes to the NFL, you know the refs wouldn't be reprimanded. They never do.
Way to have your priorities straight. They blew a call so lets throw stuff and possibly injure someone. Brilliant.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Way to have your priorities straight. They blew a call so lets throw stuff and possibly injure someone. Brilliant.
It could be worse, ever watched a European soccer game. The refs should feel lucky it was plastic bottles.

By the way, I dont condone hitting the refs. I condone throwing stuff on the field. I would never hit the refs with anything. But to cause some chaos for them and throw out my frustration and get my point across, you better believe Id throw my bottle on the field (after I drank it first, of course)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:

I absolutely 100% wholeheartedly agree. This is why I have such a disdain for most Browns fans I know around here. It's like they live vicariously through the team no matter what and just cannot keep their emotions in check when the team is doing bad, which is a hell of a lot more often than not. I know my Buccaneers completely suck eggs this year, but I am having the best and happiest year of my life. In the end, as great as football is, it is just a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »