Home

Chargers @ Titans

This is a discussion on Chargers @ Titans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Chargers @ Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChargers
Agreed but I believe CJ will tear us up big time.
I haven't watched many Titans games but a lot of CJ's damage seems to be on the outsides. The Chargers run-stopping issues have mostly been up the middle. I'm not saying they are going to shut down CJ, but they do have very good LBs who can get to the outside and seal off those runs.

The key will be for the Chargers to get ahead early and force the Titans to pass to beat them.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:59 AM   #10

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Definitely still alot of bad blood between these 2 teams ever since the cheap shots took place.

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/column...4a9751e81.html

Its going to be a physical game but, the only thing that worries me are the injuries that the Chargers have right now. Each passing week fills more doubt because, of the injuries but, I think the Chargers have enough depth to win a close one. I just hope both teams can get threw this game without acting like a bunch of dumb*sses.

No need to for cheap shots this time around (hopefully). Should be a good game and hopefully the defense can limit can keep CJ from breaking to many big runs.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:00 AM   #11
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
I haven't watched many Titans games but a lot of CJ's damage seems to be on the outsides. The Chargers run-stopping issues have mostly been up the middle. I'm not saying they are going to shut down CJ, but they do have very good LBs who can get to the outside and seal off those runs.

The key will be for the Chargers to get ahead early and force the Titans to pass to beat them.

If you shut down the outside runs , CJ does have a problem getting yards but if he gets inside he still has that great vision and has a very good chance of hitting a homerun. If the Chargers play bend but dont break defense , the Titans will take 3-6 yards everytime.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 12-22-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 01:32 AM   #12

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netz4
With Keith Bulluck out , as well as David Thorton , the Chargers could have a good running game
Doubt it. It usually doesn't matter who's in on the other teams defense.

If the O-line hadn't been so horid earlier in the season and Tomlinson doesn't miss 2 games I actually think he would of had a good chance at another 1,000 yard season. He would either barely miss the 1,000 yard mark or barely crack 1,000 yards.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #13
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Old 12-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #14
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

I am expecting a lot of physical play and general nastiness. Too bad Bullock got hurt because he is usually in on all the pushing and shoving matches.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

I think we're going to get drilled. It's hard to contain Gates when your LB's are healthy --- but with both Thornton and Bulluck out, I'm not sure who is going to cover him. And our safeties are going to be busy shadowing "old man" Harper who can't keep up with anybody under the age of 35. I can see Rivers having a field day in this one.

The crowd will probably be a non-factor. I know a lot of people with tickets that are traveling for Christmas, so we'll probably have a good number of empty seats. The short week should benefit the Titans since we'll be at home and the Chargers are having to travel across the country, but that's about the only advantage I think we have.

I might be wrong about this, but I think the Titans/Oilers are 0-6 against the Chargers since 1992? VY in particular has had difficulties against the Chargers. Add in the fact that the Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL not named the Colts (who also handled us pretty well)... I just don't see this game going well for us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Ugghhh.

Going to be at my mom's for Christmas and of course she doesn't have NFL Network.

Titans are hot, and do a lot of the things well, that the Chargers have a hard time stopping. I think the Chargers are the more talented team, but the Titans in the current configuration match up well with the Chargers and are at home. This will be a tough one for San Diego.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »