Home

Colts (Enough is enough) ?

This is a discussion on Colts (Enough is enough) ? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #105
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Colts (Enough is enough) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
While I'm obviously a fan of the Steelers, Woodley needs to shut his mouth. Indy didn't throw a game because of a playoff game in 05. And nobody is "lying down" to avoid the Steelers or anybody else.

That said, it would be a huge mistake to sleep on the Steelers if they get in. While they have some embarrassing losses, they also have some nice wins over winning teams. They dominated the Chargers. It's a knock against them, but they play to the level of their competition this year. And if they get in they'll have Troy back. It's a completely different secondary and a completely different defense when he's in the game.......as the numbers clearly indicate.

And Bengals fans......you don't honestly think anybody believes you when you say you don't fear facing the Steelers a 3rd time. Troy didn't play in the first game and went out early in the second. Niether of those victories were convincing in any way. And you've lost Maualuga for the year. The Steelers are salivating at a chance to see you again in Cinci.
I was joking with a co-worker who was a Steelers fan about that very thing. I told him I'd rather they didn't play the Steelers again. I did say though, that if they did square off, I wonder who Cowher would recommend to Tomlin for the job of diving into Palmer's knee this time.

I agree with you on the rest of what you said. The idea that the Bengals, or any team, would throw a game to avoid some team, even the Steelers, that isn't already in the playoffs is ridiculous. I can tell you, despite the rather unimpressive season the Bengals have had since after the Bears game two months ago, I'm not as uneasy at the prospect of facing this Steelers team like I was 4 years ago with that Steelers team. But, division opponents know each other well. It would be an interesting match. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals lost their first game to whomever it may be. I have no idea what that team is capable of anymore.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 11:26 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
That said, it would be a huge mistake to sleep on the Steelers if they get in.
It would be a huge mistake to sleep on any team in the Playoffs, period.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #107
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
It would be a huge mistake to sleep on any team in the Playoffs, period.
Agreed, if the Steelers make it to the playoffs of course they will be dangerous but not dangerous then any other team. I cant believe people would think teams are losing on purpose just because they are afraid to play the Steelers. In the NFL any team can win on any given day especially in the playoff's. Just look at Arizona last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »