Home

Mike Shanahan Becomes Head Coach of Redskins

This is a discussion on Mike Shanahan Becomes Head Coach of Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #57
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Shanahan Becomes Head Coach of Redskins

guess you redskins guys think you already got your man in jason campbell, maybe your right, he hasnt had the best supporting cast

just my opinion, but you dont pass on a franchise QB when you draft that high and you got a chance at someone like Tebow

Tebow played in the SEC the last 4 years, how much better competition can he play against in college? he wont get crushed in the NFL...lol

shanahan would be great for Tebow
Old 01-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
guess you redskins guys think you already got your man in jason campbell, maybe your right, he hasnt had the best supporting cast

just my opinion, but you dont pass on a franchise QB when you draft that high and you got a chance at someone like Tebow

Tebow played in the SEC the last 4 years, how much better competition can he play against in college? he wont get crushed in the NFL...lol

shanahan would be great for Tebow
I've had enough of Campbell. This guy looks right at blitzing defender and still manage to get sack by the same guy he just glance at. I rather have Clausen or Bradford over Tebow. Tebow's mechanics are sloppy with his lazy throwing motion and often throwing the ball without his feet being set.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
I've had enough of Campbell. This guy looks right at blitzing defender and still manage to get sack by the same guy he just glance at. I rather have Clausen or Bradford over Tebow.
So you want to get rid of Campbell for not reacting well to pressure in favor of a quarterback who has received serious injuries the only two times he has ever seen pressure?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #60
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Man all this talk about Tebow and Colt Brennen is very stupid. There best bet is to stick with Campbell and see what he can do with a real NFL offense and just one person calling all the plays!
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Old 01-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
So you want to get rid of Campbell for not reacting well to pressure in favor of a quarterback who has received serious injuries the only two times he has ever seen pressure?
Sorry? Campbell is slow under center. Injuries are part of the game. It happens and can't be avoidable but being a clueless idiot can be. Campbell has failed in both Saunders and the WCO under Zorn. His throw out of bound on a 4th down with the game on the line against San Diego takes the cake.

The excuses we hear now are the same excuses people are discussing 3 years ago. Todd Collins steps in led behind the same struggling OL Campbell was behind and took them to the playoffs. There were times this season were Collins got rid of the ball into a receiver where Campbell goes into auto pilot mode and don't have a clue where's he at.

Each season, I find it more difficult to defend Campbell. He sucks and has no awareness. Need I remind you how Campbell somehow finds a way to give the ball directly to a defender when the Redskins need a GW TD.

This was his contract year and still fail. Aaron Rodgers been sacked more times than Campbell but yet he finds a way to get it done and he's going to play in a playoff game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
The excuses we hear now are the same excuses people are discussing 3 years ago. Todd Collins steps in led behind the same struggling OL Campbell was behind and took them to the playoffs.
Oh yes, the great Todd Collins playoff run starring Eli Manning throwing the ball into 30 MPH wind, Travaris Jackson being Travaris Jackson, and the Cowboy's backups.

Then magically he plays a legit team in normal conditions and sucks horribly.

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers been sacked more times than Campbell but yet he finds a way to get it done and he's going to play in a playoff game.
Clearly the only difference between the Packers and the Redskins is the quarterback. Not the half yard more per carry that their running backs average, not the 12 additional rushing touchdowns, not the 40 fewer points allowed, not the variety of chip shot field goals our kicker missed, all 12 losses are solely on the shoulders of Campbell, and if we had Aaron Rodgers, he would have overcome all of that.

Rodgers is a better quarterback than Campbell, but he'd have been worth all of 1-2 more wins at most.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Oh yes, the great Todd Collins playoff run starring Eli Manning throwing the ball into 30 MPH wind, Travaris Jackson being Travaris Jackson, and the Cowboy's backups.

Then magically he plays a legit team in normal conditions and sucks horribly.
Wasn't Todd Collins playing under the same conditions as Eli? Redskins D shut down Peterson and Cowboys backups were playing until the half where the game was already out of reach. Eli, Jackson, don't play defense either.

Quote:
Clearly the only difference between the Packers and the Redskins is the quarterback. Not the half yard more per carry that their running backs average, not the 12 additional rushing touchdowns, not the 40 fewer points allowed, not the variety of chip shot field goals our kicker missed, all 12 losses are solely on the shoulders of Campbell, and if we had Aaron Rodgers, he would have overcome all of that.

Rodgers is a better quarterback than Campbell, but he'd have been worth all of 1-2 more wins at most.
Aaron still made good decision unlike Campbell and eventually understood that he needed to get rid of the ball instead of hanging on to it. Campbell doesn't learn anything from each game. He goes out there and make the same mistakes over and over and over.

If he sticks around for next season, Shanahan got a plate on his hands. After 5 seasons, Campbell still hasn't figure it out the basic fundamentals.

Last edited by Phixius; 01-08-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #64
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Campbell had tons of pressure this year and sacks, cuz his o-line was decimated, i think the only guy that played all year was Rabach, the center
Heyer, Levi Jones, Rinehart, Montgomery, and Mike Williams arent the answer.

If they dont draft a QB with thier first pick, they gotta go OffTackle

Campbell seems good in short passing, which would be a good thing, pretty sure shanahan runs the westcoast off, so his style seemingly fits

Brennan just has potential, thats why i mentioned him, he deserves a shot in training camp

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »