Home

NFC Divisional Round: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional Round: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #25
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NFC Divisional Round: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

i think the old romo comes back this week because IMO he struggles against good D lines, not from rush pressure but he just gets happy feet anticipating pressure

if he plays composed the boys would win

i think the boys can stop that passing game but i dont see them doing anything with AD

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Another random factoid, which will have no hand in the result but is interesting nevertheless:

Brett Favre, for all his accomplishments, has never beaten the Dallas Cowboys in a playoff game.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #27
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm going with the Cowboys in this one. Their D has been on fire lately and Favre is just not that mobile. Ware, Spencer and Ratliff should reak havoc on that sometimes suspect Minny OL. If that is the case, you will see the Favre of old, throwing ill-advised passes that get picked.

On the other hand, Romo's mobility will be key for Dallas. He is able to extend plays and buy time for Austin and Witten to work into an open space. Obviously All Day could change this game, but Dallas' running game has been pretty good lately so slight edge to Minny, but in the end Favre will win it or lose it for them.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #28
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Of course I'm pulling for the Cowboys but I'm honestly not too sure how this one can go.

I think Dallas can take advantage of the Vikings secondary but that will only happen if they can get the ground game going. As seen earlier in the season when teams take away the run game, Dallas can't hold it's own with just passing the ball. The OL will have to be very physical with the Vikes front 7 who I think they match up well against. The Vikings have some big guys but then again, the Dallas OL is just as big & just as athletic. Should be a good one in that respect.

On the other side of the ball, I'm not sure how well the Dallas D matches up with the Vikes O. I think the Cowboys can get the pressure to Favre and force him into mistakes. Let's be clear that Favre will feel this is his time to shine & he will make a HUGE play at some point in the game, Dallas just has to make sure that huge play is a negative one much like Vick with the fumble. Obviously, stopping AP is the key here. If they can contain the run, I honestly feel the Dallas secondary can manage the Vikes receiveing corps.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #29
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

If the Vikings o-line can protect Favre, they will win.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Vikings win at home and it will be close until the end.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #31
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Cowboys are red hot, and that's what counts in the playoffs.

Dallas 24

Minny 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i think the boys can stop that passing game but i dont see them doing anything with AD
I disagree. I think if Minny's offense is going to get anything going, it will be through the passing game. Dallas's front 7 is a mismatch for the Vikes, and although AD is one of the best backs in the NFL, I can't see him running all over Dallas.

Last edited by Gibbz; 01-11-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #32
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with ABrooks. Another factoid: The Cowboys have not allowed a 100 yard rusher all season. AD may come close, but Dallas' front seven is fierce and on a roll. Call me crazy, but I don't think this one will be close. I still think he gets 86 yards on 20 carries.

The Vikings, aside from the Giants rolling over and playing dead, have looked horrible over the last month. Whether the games were on the road or not, I would be concerned as a Vikings fan after watching those games.

Dallas will jump out front quickly and then force Minnesota to abandon their running game. That's been the Cowboys' M. O. lately and it's how they shut down runners. They'll then be able to key in on the pass game, and get a solid pass rush with minimal blitzing while playing a good coverage game. The Cowboys played pass defense with mainly their regular four DBs vs. Philly and had almost no trouble. Even on the Vick pass, Jenkins had tripped.

I'll say it now, gimme the Cowboys 31, Minnesota 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »