Home

Reed says he'll consider retirement

This is a discussion on Reed says he'll consider retirement within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Reed says he'll consider retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Umm................ ok? Bitter much?

If I recall correctly, aren't you the one who derailed this thread in the first place, by bringing up Ward then continuously bashing him?
Well, I have to give you credit for at least trying to get it back on topic.
Not bitter, just little tolerance for pure ignorance.

Nope, I showed video to provide context to the hit which caused this very thread to be created. It was only after a poster disputed the severity of the hit that I began to respond back and forth, with of course Steelers fans jumping in and defefending their players dirty play. That is what brought this thread somewhat off course.

Last edited by Adam Dayton; 01-18-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 17

STFU dude. Liar? That's rich. Let me clarify, as I also have a low tolerance for ignorance. 296 players were surveyed. 34 listed Hines.....that equates to 11.6%. That is NOT 11% of all NFL players, it is 11% of the test sample (and who knows which players in which divisions were polled, which would influence the results). For even further perspective and to further poke holes in the ludicrous assertion that these surveys are supposed to paint Hines as some sort of notorious league-wide menace......I cited the total number of players who voted Hines against the number of players in the league on a roster (53 x 32).

By the way, still waiting for your clips. With regard to a guy "worth a cheap shot a game" over the course of a 12 year career you should have no problem presenting substantial evidence to support your case.

Last edited by metallicatz; 01-18-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Not bitter, just little tolerance for pure ignorance.

Nope, I showed video to provide context to the hit which caused this very thread to be created. It was only after a poster disputed the severity of the hit that I began to respond back and forth, with of course Steelers fans jumping in and defefending their players dirty play. That is what brought this thread somewhat off course.
The way you talk, you make it seem like the Ravens are the cleanest players in the entire sport.
Minnesota Wild
Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #68
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Really guys?

This is a thread about a HOF-bound safety that is contemplating retirement, and half of you are bickering about ANOTHER PLAYER.

And people wonder why half of our userbase stays away from certain forums.

Let it go. Keep the talk about Ed Reed, and the childish arguing to a thread about Hines Ward.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

Ed Reed is one of the few football players I'd pay to watch. A year after he single handedly dismantled the Dolphins in the playoffs, I'm still convinced he's the best defensive player I've seen since Lawrence Taylor. He's just superhuman at times. It'd be a shame for a Hall of Famer like Reed to have his career cut short, but if he's risking major injury by continuing, he should definitely walk away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »