Home

Ben Roethlisberger Accused...Again

This is a discussion on Ben Roethlisberger Accused...Again within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: AGAIN!!!! BEN

The fact that the girl reported the incident immediately after it occurred lends to her credibility.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I've spent some time around Ben Roethlisberger...

He's a d-bag. No one on the team likes him. He stands alone, eats alone, walks alone. All the time.

Throw this and last summer's ordeals in there with that, and the fact that he's an arrogant prick as well, and you just get a bad person.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Even if this is a false accusation, Ben is just an effing moron for getting in these situations.

No other way to put it.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude

LOL.
What's so funny? You think the Steelers like being associated with sexual assualt allegations regarding the "face of the franchise" twice in one year?

Last edited by metallicatz; 03-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #21

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Ol ben at it again huh lol. I'll believe it when he is proven guilty but, something doesn't smell right to me for this to happen a second time.

I doubt it happened. In the words of Chad Johnson C'mon son. Putting yourself in that position could cause some serious trouble and not just the little things most athletes get caught for that just gets them suspended for a game or 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno

He's a d-bag. No one on the team likes him. He stands alone, eats alone, walks alone. All the time.

Throw this and last summer's ordeals in there with that, and the fact that he's an arrogant prick as well, and you just get a bad person.
I'm not disputing some of that, but Willie Colon was at the bar with him last night.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #23
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno

You can never know what a person is like from their public persona. So many people have been proven to be fakes, Tiger being the latest.

Brett Favre was untouchable for so long. He was portrayed as the good old boy that everyone wants to have a beer with. Then during his release from Green Bay he proved himself to be a whiny prima donna just like the WRs that the media was always complaining about.

Having said that, I don't really care if players are jerks. If they play well for my team I will root for them. I draw the line at violent or criminal behavior. That's what's unacceptable here. Being a douche is not against the law and harms you more than anyone else. Being a rapist or murderer is a whole different animal.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
You can never know what a person is like from their public persona. So many people have been proven to be fakes, Tiger being the latest.

Brett Favre was untouchable for so long. He was portrayed as the good old boy that everyone wants to have a beer with. Then during his release from Green Bay he proved himself to be a whiny prima donna just like the WRs that the media was always complaining about.

Having said that, I don't really care if players are jerks. If they play well for my team I will root for them. I draw the line at violent or criminal behavior. That's what's unacceptable here. Being a douche is not against the law and harms you more than anyone else. Being a rapist or murderer is a whole different animal.
That's so true about public persona. Didn't Favre have his own separate section in the Jets locker room? I thought I remember hearing that the other players on the team really disliked him because of his attitude. Peyton "Mr. NFL" Manning was accused of sexually harassing a sports trainer (exposing himself) in college. Tom Brady dumped his pregnant girlfriend.

Let's face it, if you're a professional sports athlete (especially an NFL QB) there's a good chance you're a D-bag. Sports fans might not want to hear it.

Reading more about the Ben situation. This definitely does not look good. Definitely looks more legit than the other case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »