Home

Who should be Philadelphia's starting QB?

This is a discussion on Who should be Philadelphia's starting QB? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who should start next season?
Donovan McNabb 56 70.89%
Kevin Kolb 16 20.25%
Mike Vick 6 7.59%
Other 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #73
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Who should be Philadelphia's starting QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Garcia did miss throws, yes.

But again, was Jeff Garcia the reason the Eagles lost that game?

The answer is no. The defense let the Saints run on them and use up huge chunks of the clock. Look at the time of possession from that game. The rushing attempts of both teams.
Again. If Jeff Garcia was the better QB he would've done more w/ his 30 passing attempts than just complete 15 of them. That would've dictated a shift in TOP. However, Garcia was just as limiting to the Eagles chances of winning as the defense was. Probably even moreso because in this case your best defense is a good offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Please man, don't act like you don't know me. You can say whatever you want just like I can reply to whatever I want. But you've said over and over and over again that the Eagles aren't your team but then argue until you're blue in the face about them. You talk about what Eagles fans think and want and how we can't understand. Well if you're not a fan then how the hell can you understand? If someone's going to argue feelings, passion and disappointment then I'd expect them to feel it. If this isn't your team then how can you feel it?

Exactly. This happens whenever McNabb is brought up... but he's not a fan. Purposely makes it hard to have a logical discussion about the topic.
Thank you.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #74
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Please man, don't act like you don't know me. You can say whatever you want just like I can reply to whatever I want. But you've said over and over and over again that the Eagles aren't your team but then argue until you're blue in the face about them. You talk about what Eagles fans think and want and how we can't understand. Well if you're not a fan then how the hell can you understand? If someone's going to argue feelings, passion and disappointment then I'd expect them to feel it. If this isn't your team then how can you feel it?

I don't know you. You're just some poster on a message board to me.

In case you didn't know, I'm from Philadelphia. I watch television here. I read the papers here. I listen to sports radio here.

Unless I become dumb, deaf and blind (God forbid), I will get filled up with Eagles talk. It's impossible not to. What do you want me to do? Move?

Look, feel how you feel, guy. I have a right to my opinion. I feel I give an unbiased, worthy outlook on things. But hey, you may not see it that way. You feel like my opinion is not valid, then ignore what I have to say. Simple. Easy. I'm not forcing you to debate me.

Quote:
Exactly. This happens whenever McNabb is brought up... but he's not a fan. Purposely makes it hard to have a logical discussion about the topic.
Like I said above...ignore what I have to say. Put me on ignore for all I care. I've done the same with a couple folks myself. I would be happy if I could have my say without somebody trying to behead me.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #75
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K

In case you didn't know, I'm from Philadelphia. I watch television here. I read the papers here. I listen to sports radio here.

Unless I become dumb, deaf and blind (God forbid), I will get filled up with Eagles talk. It's impossible not to. What do you want me to do? Move?

Look, feel how you feel, guy. I have a right to my opinion. I feel I give an unbiased, worthy outlook on things. But hey, you may not see it that way. You feel like my opinion is not valid, then ignore what I have to say. Simple. Easy. I'm not forcing you to debate me.

Like I said above...ignore what I have to say. Put me on ignore for all I care. I've done the same with a couple folks myself. I would be happy if I could have my say without somebody trying to behead me.
Man there must be a hut in Philly where the word revolves around you. Basically, me (and everyone else) should ignore your opinions because you're entitled to them and you'd be happy if you could voice them without someone trying to behead you. I'd be happy if there could be a discussion about McNabb without you exaggerating to try to prove how horrible he is, but you know what... it's a message board. Sometimes I choose to ignore it and sometimes I choose to reply. If you can't handle the replies then stop making the posts (I think everyone on OS understands your opinion on it by now).

And basically you're saying that since you listen to local media and average fans around Philly, you're qualified to speak on the feelings and emotions of Eagles fans. That's hilarious. For one, just about every Eagles fan on this board (who's opinions I'd respect more than local media or the average fan on the street) has disagreed with you. Second, I spent the better part of 4 years close to that area and just like average fans everywhere else in this country, most Eagles fans you'd run into don't have a clue. As for the media, in the internet age, living in Philly doesn't give you any advantage over anyone else who cares to follow the team.

And to sum it all up, saying "I live in Philly and hear what everyone around here is saying about a team I don't like, so I know McNabb failed because they haven't won a SB." really makes your argument worse than it already was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #76
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Man there must be a hut in Philly where the word revolves around you. Basically, me (and everyone else) should ignore your opinions because you're entitled to them and you'd be happy if you could voice them without someone trying to behead you. I'd be happy if there could be a discussion about McNabb without you exaggerating to try to prove how horrible he is, but you know what... it's a message board. Sometimes I choose to ignore it and sometimes I choose to reply. If you can't handle the replies then stop making the posts (I think everyone on OS understands your opinion on it by now).

So, once again, wwharton is telling me how to post. Good stuff.

Quote:
And basically you're saying that since you listen to local media and average fans around Philly, you're qualified to speak on the feelings and emotions of Eagles fans. That's hilarious. For one, just about every Eagles fan on this board (who's opinions I'd respect more than local media or the average fan on the street) has disagreed with you. Second, I spent the better part of 4 years close to that area and just like average fans everywhere else in this country, most Eagles fans you'd run into don't have a clue. As for the media, in the internet age, living in Philly doesn't give you any advantage over anyone else who cares to follow the team.
Just because some of the fans on here don't know what they're talking doesn't mean they are right because they agree with you lol.

Quote:
And to sum it all up, saying "I live in Philly and hear what everyone around here is saying about a team I don't like, so I know McNabb failed because they haven't won a SB." really makes your argument worse than it already was.

Actually, I know McNabb has failed because I watch the games. And he's failed. Not unless you know of Super Bowls and additional conference titles the Eagles won that went hidden and unnoticed.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #77
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K

Now thats funny...
(NBA forum reference)
Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #78
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
So, once again, wwharton is telling me how to post. Good stuff.
Nice try again. The act has grown tired a long time ago. You still haven't answered how someone who's not a fan can act so passionate about a team or speak for fans of that team. Still haven't explained what NFL team you care so much about that justifies how you understand what Eagles fans are feeling (other than saying you've talked to your buddies or listened to biased Philly media). Post how you like, just stop crying about the responses to it.

With that said, we both know this is going nowhere so I'll let you get the last word or we can both move on.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #79
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Now thats funny...
(NBA forum reference)
How's your Nuggets/Pistons/Grizz doing?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #80
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Nice try again. The act has grown tired a long time ago. You still haven't answered how someone who's not a fan can act so passionate about a team or speak for fans of that team. Still haven't explained what NFL team you care so much about that justifies how you understand what Eagles fans are feeling (other than saying you've talked to your buddies or listened to biased Philly media). Post how you like, just stop crying about the responses to it.

With that said, we both know this is going nowhere so I'll let you get the last word or we can both move on.

I had no idea this thread was about P2K

P.S. last word

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »