Home

New DraftCountdown.com mock - 3/15

This is a discussion on New DraftCountdown.com mock - 3/15 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: New DraftCountdown.com mock - 3/15

I'd love to see Dallas take Taylor Mays. Unlike Roy Williams years ago, Mays wouldn't be a Top 10 pick but an end of the First Round pick, sort of like Ed Reed when the Cowboys took Williams.

I don't see the 49ers passing on Spiller though. Put him with Frank Gore (who they need insurance for anyway) and the 49ers become my pick to win the NFC West in 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The depth at DE is weak for any defensive front, no? What's the worry at DT? Gregg retiring? Or are you thinking the depth is weaker there for a 4-3.

I really hope a corner falls to them at 25, but I think they can use a potential star at any defensive position to get groomed for 2012 of 2013.
I'm thinking Kruger if he gains the weight will be the rush end, rush backer and he will be backed up by Pryce. Suggs will be backed up by Barnes, if they retain him. They do have depth at DT, but none of them are pass rushers.

I'm not too concerned. I just see a lot of Ravens fans saying we need a DE and I think the Ravens brass thinking is we drafted that DE last year in Paul Kruger. If anything we will probably take CB or a DT that can rush. Mattison wants pressure from the front 4 and wants to blitz sparingly. Hearing them talk about it, they think the league has figured out how to block Rex Ryan's blitz schemes, so they need to transition to a more 4 man rush and bring blitzes as surprises rather than and every down deal. There may be some truth to that. For all the Blitzes that Rex does, not many sacks are generated. However, that's assuming the goal is to sack the QB, which I don't think Rex cares about sacks. He wants to HIT the QB and his defenses do a hell of a job doing that.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #67
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Ray Rice is pushing for Devin McCourty, and not only is he a solid corner, he is a special teams ace.
They were talking about him yesterday on the radio. The idea would be to handle him like Webb last year... make him a primary returner and eventually work him into the starting CB spot. I think every Ravens fan would love a Webb clone. How good is he? Does "solid" translate into first round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I'd love to see Dallas take Taylor Mays. Unlike Roy Williams years ago, Mays wouldn't be a Top 10 pick but an end of the First Round pick, sort of like Ed Reed when the Cowboys took Williams.

I don't see the 49ers passing on Spiller though. Put him with Frank Gore (who they need insurance for anyway) and the 49ers become my pick to win the NFC West in 2010.
They drafted Coffee last year. Spiller's a better change of pace to Gore's style but I doubt they'd use a 1st round pick on a change of pace back with Gore being so dominant and Coffee a solid back up.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Ray Rice is pushing for Devin McCourty, and not only is he a solid corner, he is a special teams ace.
This is the guy I want.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #69
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm thinking Kruger if he gains the weight will be the rush end, rush backer and he will be backed up by Pryce. Suggs will be backed up by Barnes, if they retain him. They do have depth at DT, but none of them are pass rushers.

I'm not too concerned. I just see a lot of Ravens fans saying we need a DE and I think the Ravens brass thinking is we drafted that DE last year in Paul Kruger. If anything we will probably take CB or a DT that can rush. Mattison wants pressure from the front 4 and wants to blitz sparingly. Hearing them talk about it, they think the league has figured out how to block Rex Ryan's blitz schemes, so they need to transition to a more 4 man rush and bring blitzes as surprises rather than and every down deal. There may be some truth to that. For all the Blitzes that Rex does, not many sacks are generated. However, that's assuming the goal is to sack the QB, which I don't think Rex cares about sacks. He wants to HIT the QB and his defenses do a hell of a job doing that.
Yeah, I don't know about "figure out Rex's blitz schemes" considering how well the Jets D played last year, but that strategy makes some kind of sense. Mattison did a decent job last year and if he's hell bent on a certain approach, might as well get the players in there that'll make it work. I am worried about corner though more than any other position for 2010. Webb's hurt and Walker's still on the team. That's enough to show how much we need a corner. The idea that any situation may make them resign Corey Ivy again and have fans screaming about Chris McAlister is another reason.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know about "figure out Rex's blitz schemes" considering how well the Jets D played last year, but that strategy makes some kind of sense. Mattison did a decent job last year and if he's hell bent on a certain approach, might as well get the players in there that'll make it work. I am worried about corner though more than any other position for 2010. Webb's hurt and Walker's still on the team. That's enough to show how much we need a corner. The idea that any situation may make them resign Corey Ivy again and have fans screaming about Chris McAlister is another reason.
I don't think you have to worry, Walker sounded close to a deal with another team. So I'm sure they will focus on that position. I like McCourtney, Wilson and watch out for another small school prospect Akwasi Owusu-Ansah.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #71
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
They were talking about him yesterday on the radio. The idea would be to handle him like Webb last year... make him a primary returner and eventually work him into the starting CB spot. I think every Ravens fan would love a Webb clone. How good is he? Does "solid" translate into first round pick?

They drafted Coffee last year. Spiller's a better change of pace to Gore's style but I doubt they'd use a 1st round pick on a change of pace back with Gore being so dominant and Coffee a solid back up.
1st team all Big East last year.
2nd on the team in total tackles. (Tackles very well for a corner)
4.4 Speed
Good returner
Blocked 7 kicks/punts in the last 2 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #72
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Sounds good. I just checked out a couple of mock drafts and I like the Ravens chances at getting a top corner, whether McCourty, Robinson or someone else that drops. Good stuff. The latest NFL mock has them taking a corner with Dez Bryant still on the board though. That'd personally make me happy but I'm not sure if they will or how other Ravens fans feel about that.

Seems like Bryant's stock has been dropping a lot too. Any idea why?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »