Home

With the 6th Pick in the 2010 Nfl draft Seahawks select...

This is a discussion on With the 6th Pick in the 2010 Nfl draft Seahawks select... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: With the 6th Pick in the 2010 Nfl draft Seahawks select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
True. Housh is not bad, Deion is declining but still good, and Obomanu hasnt reached his potential, IMO.

Like what other positions do you think they need? what about defense? you got Lofa Tatupu as your field general AKA middle linebacker. He needs some support.Maybe a FS or CB?
Like everyone else has said, I think beefing up the oline should be their top priority. Besides that I'd say safety and RB but they can use depth in other places too. I think if they could get Marshall for a reasonable price, going with him makes sense. He's a proven all pro, young and has tons of potential. But I think that's the only way SEA uses a 1st round pick on a WR, and I have a feeling they wouldn't get Marshall unless it was for less than a 1st rounder.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #34
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
...what other positions do you think they need? what about defense?
I'd say their biggest need, offense or defense, is at DE. They get no pass rush whatsoever. Patrick Kerney led them with 5 sacks last year, and his style is more motor-always-on-coverage-sack... Especially now at 33 years old.

They also were 30th in the NFL in passing yards allowed, so a CB and a safety who can cover are needs... But it starts with the line... Relying on coverage sacks just doesn't work as well as getting pressure on the QB.

And on offense they obviously need a LT. They gave up 41 sacks last year, 10th most allowed, and were 26th in total yards rushing.

Beyond that they need some explosiveness on offense... A gamebreaker. Their WRs don't stretch the field, and their RBs don't have big play ability.

All in all the Seahawks are just a pretty sad football team right now. In order I think they need:

1. DE
2. LT
3. (tie) S who can cover, CB, RB.
6. WR

Considering #6 is a bit high for the DEs this year... And the fact that they can still get a LT who fits their scheme mid to late first round... Trading down from six makes the most sense... If there are any takers, and if they don't have someone fall to them at that spot... Like Berry (cover safety) or McCoy (can pressure QB from DT spot).

Old 04-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 11

Go with Clausen!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #36
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Like everyone else has said, I think beefing up the oline should be their top priority. Besides that I'd say safety and RB but they can use depth in other places too. I think if they could get Marshall for a reasonable price, going with him makes sense. He's a proven all pro, young and has tons of potential. But I think that's the only way SEA uses a 1st round pick on a WR, and I have a feeling they wouldn't get Marshall unless it was for less than a 1st rounder.
Agreed. I doubt they will get Marshall unless its for a 1st rounder AND maybe a possible second rounder, too. At running back, I think they should select CJ Spiller. I know his durability is in question but the guy has really been solid over the course of his career. Jahvid Best may be another great pick for them if they dont go Spiller. He's almost like a Maurice Jones-Drew type guy, size wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I'd say their biggest need, offense or defense, is at DE. They get no pass rush whatsoever. Patrick Kerney led them with 5 sacks last year, and his style is more motor-always-on-coverage-sack... Especially now at 33 years old.

They also were 30th in the NFL in passing yards allowed, so a CB and a safety who can cover are needs... But it starts with the line... Relying on coverage sacks just doesn't work as well as getting pressure on the QB.

And on offense they obviously need a LT. They gave up 41 sacks last year, 10th most allowed, and were 26th in total yards rushing.

Beyond that they need some explosiveness on offense... A gamebreaker. Their WRs don't stretch the field, and their RBs don't have big play ability.

All in all the Seahawks are just a pretty sad football team right now. In order I think they need:

1. DE
2. LT
3. (tie) S who can cover, CB, RB.
6. WR

Considering #6 is a bit high for the DEs this year... And the fact that they can still get a LT who fits their scheme mid to late first round... Trading down from six makes the most sense... If there are any takers, and if they don't have someone fall to them at that spot... Like Berry (cover safety) or McCoy (can pressure QB from DT spot).

They have so many needs, its crazy...but i guess all of the teams who have picks in the top 10 of the draft do because they were the worse teams from last yr.

Maybe they should draft Iupati at LT (I cant remember if he played LG or LT).

They should def look at Dezmon Briscoe or Demarryius Thomas (thomas, more than likely) at WR, if they cant trade for Marshall. If they dont go WR til second round, maybe they can get Eric Decker or Jacoby Ford.

I think they should focus on defense in the first round, though, and get E. Berry if they can. You cant go wrong with him. I havent heard too much about his bust potential. He's got the ball instincts of a Troy Polamalu.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #37
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

If they wanted to go WR, they could wait til the 3rd, maybe 4th to get a Dezmon Briscoe or 4th/5th round to get a Danario Alexander. Both are big targets who put up big numbers in their respective systems and have the potential to be steals.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Agreed. I doubt they will get Marshall unless its for a 1st rounder AND maybe a possible second rounder, too. At running back, I think they should select CJ Spiller. I know his durability is in question but the guy has really been solid over the course of his career. Jahvid Best may be another great pick for them if they dont go Spiller. He's almost like a Maurice Jones-Drew type guy, size wise.

They have so many needs, its crazy...but i guess all of the teams who have picks in the top 10 of the draft do because they were the worse teams from last yr.

Maybe they should draft Iupati at LT (I cant remember if he played LG or LT).

They should def look at Dezmon Briscoe or Demarryius Thomas (thomas, more than likely) at WR, if they cant trade for Marshall. If they dont go WR til second round, maybe they can get Eric Decker or Jacoby Ford.

I think they should focus on defense in the first round, though, and get E. Berry if they can. You cant go wrong with him. I havent heard too much about his bust potential. He's got the ball instincts of a Troy Polamalu.
This was tried over the Senior Bowl and it didnt work out to much. Hes a better fit for the RT spot than at LT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »