Home

there are finally some good QB's in the draft this year

This is a discussion on there are finally some good QB's in the draft this year within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 AM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: there are finally some good QB's in the draft this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
as I said they were in every game their biggest loss was by a TD. getting it done has a different meaning for every team.
Ahh, the moral victory argument
Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
But keep the excuse machine going to explain away his lack of results.
I'm not trying to judge you or anything, but in my experience the only people who pin winning and losing completely on a QB are people with a very limited knowledge of the sport.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I'm not trying to judge you or anything, but in my experience the only people who pin winning and losing completely on a QB are people with a very limited knowledge of the sport.
Yes, I am sure you are much more knowledgeable and experienced in the sport than I.

They were in a bunch of tight games, and didn't win many. That's not getting it done. Look at the USC game, prime example. Had a golden opportunity from inside the 10 yard line, and simply did not get it done.

As I said if ND was ever going to beat USC this was the year, instead he got outplayed by a true freshman.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Yes, I am sure you are much more knowledgeable and experienced in the sport than I.
No not me, but you know who is? two guys named Pete Carroll and Charlie Weis both guys recruited Clausen hard and still believe pretty heavily in the guy that's enough for me, but you obviously know better than both those guys along with whichever one of the 32 NFL GMs picks him in the first round on Thursday.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:57 AM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
No not me, but you know who is? two guys named Pete Carroll and Charlie Weis both guys recruited Clausen hard and still believe pretty heavily in the guy that's enough for me, but you obviously know better than both those guys along with whichever one of the 32 NFL GMs picks him in the first round on Thursday.
Charlie Weis also recommended Brady Quinn as an NFL QB very highly to NFL GM's.

As far as recruiting them, what does that have to do with their NFL capabilities? What does how a college coach recruiting a kid out of HS have to do with their NFL potential 3 or 4 years later? That's about as good as the QB rating (especially the way college QB ratings are calculated) argument as a good indicator.

Besides if NFL GM's were that spot on all the time, there'd be no such thing as a QB bust in the first round, as opposed to the 50/50 rate we currently get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Look at the USC game, prime example. Had a golden opportunity from inside the 10 yard line, and simply did not get it done.

As I said if ND was ever going to beat USC this was the year, instead he got outplayed by a true freshman.
again your somehow incredibly pinning the entire game on him. don't bother mentioning the defense that let a true freshman complete 19 of 29 passes for 380 yards right? it was all because of Clausen, good call.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
again your somehow incredibly pinning the entire game on him. don't bother mentioning the defense that let a true freshman complete 19 of 29 passes for 380 yards right? it was all because of Clausen, good call.
Did the defense let him have it or did Barkley make the plays?

But what you fail to remember, is ND had a chance to win the game inside the USC 10 yard line and Clausen failed to get it done. Or do those plays also fall on the ND defense? Big time players make big time plays in the crunch. He had his opportunity to get it done right there, and simply failed.

When did he ever come through in the big time, against a big time team?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:07 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
As far as recruiting them, what does that have to do with their NFL capabilities? What does how a college coach recruiting a kid out of HS have to do with their NFL potential 3 or 4 years later?.
right QBs that played for Carroll at SC don't get to the NFL at all and Weis is clearly clueless about what it takes to succeed at the next level. another solid point you're on real role here bud.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »