Home

what astronomical changes has 2k3 made?

This is a discussion on what astronomical changes has 2k3 made? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2002, 05:34 PM   #33
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: what astronomical changes has 2k3 made?

In reply to:

Second if you don't have an alligence to either side why you wearing a madden 2003 rules T-Shirt?

i dont have an allegiance. i am just trying to see both sides here. i was trying to have an informative post. if i had a rebuttal (sp) to peoples arguements i stated them. sorry if they appeared one sided. no one was arguing for madden so i felt no need to rebut. i like that word.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

They've added in the ESPN license (including in-game graphics and SportsCenter recaps at the end of each week), better AI, more animations, and a MUCH improved franchise mode.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:51 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

I think from these posts you can see that NFL2k3 had lots to fix/improve upon as opposed to Madden. When you are a distant #2, you have to work alot harder!

That being said, madden has flatlined because there isn't too much they can do that will be drastically different. They have a very good engine in there, and since they are #1 there is no need to make major changes that might mess up the balance of the game. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The problem then becomes why buy it? If it was so good last year, why buy this years? You can get an updated roster off the internet. I think that is why some people are ranting in this forum, they bought the game and feel that it hasn't changed that much from last years.

Most people thought NFL2k2 was pretty bad, and I am sure it didn't sell that well next to Madden, so VC had to redoo and make major changes. I think just looking at the videos of the gameplay you can tell it 2k3 is quite different from 2k2. Doesn't mean it is a better game than Madden, but it looks very different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2002, 05:57 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading right now.

Are people actually arguing that football games don't need major, major improvements?

Do you guys even watch football? Do you really think either game is an accurate representation of it? I certainly don't.

Jesus.

Old 08-13-2002, 06:20 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

This one's for you Erod. *points to the luxury box*

You know Jake, at first I read your post and thought you just hadn't read up on 2K3 this year.

Then I read your responses, and it seems less like you actually care and more like you're trying to pick a fight, but arguing with Wayne won't yield much. You won't win, even when you're correct.

At any rate, to answer your tragically ignorant, thinly veiled remarks:

In reply to:

madden has included these things with the exception of defensive match-ups. why is it when madden adds things they are copying but when 2k adds things that madden has they are groundbreaking?

Perhaps because the 2K series had these features last year, and Madden "borrowed" said features? If you saw all of your buddies wearing clothes and went and bought the same outfits A YEAR LATER and went around going "look at my great fashion sense," you'd probably notice all of your contemporaries noting your complete lack of originality, rather than lauding you sense of style. I'm thinking that same logic is more akin to what most gamers are experiencing when seeing EA toot their own horn about features they took from other titles. That's just a WILD guess, though.

As for new features? A few off the top of my head:

1. Completely revamped line blocking - No, Madden does NOT have these animation, nor does it have their affect on the passing and running games.

2. A completely revamped Franchise mode - Yes, Madden's was better last year, but you didn't begin asking what was good about Madden, now, did you?

3. New Player Model

4. About 4x the player faces

5. Multiple Xbox exclusive features, including visuals and animations

6. The aforementioned defensive match-ups.

7. New gamespeed

8. Completely recreated playbooks, the most accurate of any football title (as per numerous reviews to date)

9. Completely new front end.

10. New visual elements (from lighting to animations)

11. New stadiums (aslo the most accurate of any game, as per reviews)

12. Completely revised QB behaviors, animations, etc.

13. Contact sensitive stiff-arms

14. New AI at every position.

15. The list goes on...

Hope that begins to clear it up for you. If not, go play last year's product, and then play this year's. If that doesn't begin to explain things, then you're probably not really looking for answers.

- Jack
Old 08-13-2002, 06:40 PM   #38
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

every game makes most of the improvements you stated in your list jack. new animations, graphics, lighting, gamespeed, whatever. the clothes analogy is off as well. people copy what works all the time. look at football. after a team wins the superbowl everyone copies their style. i understand that 2k3 does some good things and that madden implimented them as well. good for 2k3. i am sure i will like the game but i will stop writing now so i dont incite any more arguements. jack, i am glad you attempted to help my decision making process by answering my question but your arrogance and sarcasm is exactly what i hate about message boards. later.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:43 PM   #39
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

One of the biggest changes I noticed that nobody is talking about is how real the crowd and stadiums look, I saw a game at Invesco Field (Mile High) and it looks almost like how it does on TV.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:57 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did you see it on a HDTV? It's beautiful, too bad my HDTV only has one composite inputs and I used that for DVD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »