Home

Haynesworth = no show at mincamp

This is a discussion on Haynesworth = no show at mincamp within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Haynesworth = no show at mincamp

http://dc.sbnation.com/2010/6/16/152...mini-camp-fine

According Chris Russel of 106.7 The Fan, Albert Haynesworth will be attending mini-camp after all. He's not coming to practice or be a part of the team, but simply to avoid the potential fine he could be levied if he stays home

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...-minicamp.html

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who skipped the Redskins' voluntary workout program in protest of his new role on the team, will not attend the mandatory minicamp that begins Wednesday and wants to be traded, his agent said Tuesday night.
"The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago - regardless of the money," agent Chad Speck said in a phone interview. "He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.
"This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [Shanahan] and [General Manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and
trade Albert."

Danny get this fat *** outta here man..don't know what we can get for him. just slapped me in the face with a couple hundreds..I had ya back man.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by Checmate101; 06-16-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Haynesworth = no show at mincamp

What a P.O.S.

You have no business complaining when you get a contract like that...None...Shut up and play.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Victory23's Arena

OVR: 6

The more I hear about this guy, the worse it gets.

New England Patriots

Chicago Blackhawks

Washington Nationals

Chelsea FC

Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

The Redskins are NOW seeing who this guy really is.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 06-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
The Redskins are NOW seeing who this guy really is.
I am so glad the Jags passed on him and took Henderson. At peak, Henderson wasn't as good, but overall performance he was better. Haynesworth just took too many plays off and didn't care.

I've seen Haynesworth enough in the 2 games a year against the Jags to know the guy is a lazy whimp. He got tired one year, can't remember if it was in Jax or not, but it was an early season game, so it was hot. He wasn't in shape and took himself out of the game a bunch of times. He/team then claimed it was a head injury so he wouldn't be called out. He never once had any training guys give him a concussion test, just sat on the sideline with a towel over his head. Then he came back into the game like nothing was wrong until he got to hot again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

another classic case of a spoiled, overpaid, pampered athlete. They should just cut him right now since NFL contracts are not guaranteed. But they probably won't, because knowing Snyder he probably guaranteed him like at least 35 mil no matter what.

100 mil + and this guy wants to be traded b/c they're switching their style of defense. ubelievable. appreciate your oppertunity.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 42

If I can play devil's advocate for a minute...despite the stupid way he's handling it...His complaint is sort of valid. He's not a 3-4 nose tackle and part of his chosing a team last year was based on the type of defense they played.

It's not invalid of the Redskin's to hope he could fill that role but if he failed at it, I truly doubt the coaches are gonna say "our bad" for using a guy in a position he's ill suited for.

That said... I wouldn't want the guy on my team no matter what D we were running.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Actually we don't know whether Big Al is a nose tackle. We do know that he doesn't want to be one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »