Home

Sanchez or Henne?

This is a discussion on Sanchez or Henne? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which QB would you take?
Sanchez 36 45.00%
Henne 44 55.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #33
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Sanchez or Henne?

It's tough. Sanchez has the playoff wins and what not but Henne has looked pretty solid and beat the Jets.. twice. I think we'll find out more this year now that Henne is the TRUE starter.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 12

He beat the Jets once, Ted Ginn Beat us the second time =P
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes (Hartford Whalers)
NBA- New York Knicks
Old 07-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #35
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Henne

Way better QB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

At heart im a Giants fan but I will root for the Jets. I like Sanchez in the long run but Chad Henne is the guy I would pick right now.

Sanchez made way too many mistakes as a rookie, he made some of the worst decisions I have ever seen a quarterback make in my ten years of watching the NFL.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldIsYours
Sanchez made way too many mistakes as a rookie, he made some of the worst decisions I have ever seen a quarterback make in my ten years of watching the NFL.

I think the key word there is rookie.

I mean, Peyton Manning threw 28 picks as a rookie.

He had his struggles, but he also played well in big games. He's got all the physical tools, and seems like he has the intangibles as well. Now it's just a matter of putting it all together.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
I think the key word there is rookie.

I mean, Peyton Manning threw 28 picks as a rookie.

He had his struggles, but he also played well in big games. He's got all the physical tools, and seems like he has the intangibles as well. Now it's just a matter of putting it all together.
This comparison is flawed. Manning came onto a team that was legitimately the worst in the league. He was near the top of the league in attempts and set a couple rookie records for TDs and yards. Sanchez ended up on a team that was a Brett Favre collapse away from the playoffs. He had the #1 defense, #1 running game, and the best O-line in the league. Despite doing everything they could to keep the ball out of Sanchez's hands, he still was second in the league in INTs.

In Sanchez's defense, he was historically raw as a rookie. I honestly have no clue how a guy who barely started more than a year in college got the title as the most "pro ready" QB in the 09 class. Pete Carroll was right. Sanchez needed more seasoning in college.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
This comparison is flawed. Manning came onto a team that was legitimately the worst in the league. He was near the top of the league in attempts and set a couple rookie records for TDs and yards. Sanchez ended up on a team that was a Brett Favre collapse away from the playoffs. He had the #1 defense, #1 running game, and the best O-line in the league. Despite doing everything they could to keep the ball out of Sanchez's hands, he still was second in the league in INTs.

In Sanchez's defense, he was historically raw as a rookie. I honestly have no clue how a guy who barely started more than a year in college got the title as the most "pro ready" QB in the 09 class. Pete Carroll was right. Sanchez needed more seasoning in college.
How many rookie QB's come in and win take their team to the conference title game? 1 , 2 maybe? Caveats and excuses for his success or not, the guy came in as a rookie and played pretty damn well as a rookie, particularly for one with such little college experience.

Yes he threw a ton of picks, and made dumb throws. Show me a rookie that doesn't do that at that position. He also showed an upside and playmaking ability few rookies show that early in their career.

Like I said, other than having a bigger arm, I can't think of one thing Henne does better, nor has Henne ever shown the propensity to show up big time in a big time game at any level.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How many rookie QB's come in and win take their team to the conference title game? 1 , 2 maybe? Caveats and excuses for his success or not, the guy came in as a rookie and played pretty damn well as a rookie, particularly for one with such little college experience.

Yes he threw a ton of picks, and made dumb throws. Show me a rookie that doesn't do that at that position. He also showed an upside and playmaking ability few rookies show that early in their career.

Like I said, other than having a bigger arm, I can't think of one thing Henne does better, nor has Henne ever shown the propensity to show up big time in a big time game at any level.
Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisberger made it to the AFCCG as rookies.

No QB with the third fewest attempts per game could possibly be credited with taking his team anywhere.

Can we just dispel this myth that Sanchez had an extraordinary playoff run? He was efficient on limited attempts against the Bengals. His performance against the Chargers is being vastly overrated. He barely complete half of his passes, averaged like four yards per attempt, and had a QB rating of 60. If Nate Kaeding does his job, we're talking about how Sanchez costed them that game. Sanchez played bad enough to lose that game. The only thing Sanchez did right against the Colts was not directly contribute to his team's defeat. For the first time that season, Sanchez was not in some way responsible for the Jets losing. Good job, I guess, but nobody praised Chad Henne for doing that basically the entire season.

Last year, Chad Henne was better at throwing the football than Mark Sanchez.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »