Home

WEEK 6: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

This is a discussion on WEEK 6: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #177
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: WEEK 6: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman5607
It's hilarious how the coaches are being blamed. Coaches didn't throw that pick that led to the eventual game winning FG. Coaches didn't get the celebration penalty. Coaches didn't pull a ******* move by taking a punt at your own 5 and run around and waste 10 seconds.
Romo does look a little lost this whole year... but they are also in bad positions and bad playcalling. Even though these guys are pros, they have to have disipline drilled into them. Smart football.

The team totally lacks anything even resembling disciplne. Good well coached teams do not do these things.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #178
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
When you should be running the ball on a third and short and you're doing a stupid pass play instead, that's on both. Like I said, you continually make Romo throw like that, you're going to get a fatal mistake, because he's Tony Romo. While I agree, he deserves called out too, because he constantly disappoints, but the play-calling isn't in his favor.
Why do I get the feeling that if Dallas had run the ball there and gotten stuffed, people would be calling for Jason Garrett's head for "going to the well once too often"?

There was nothing wrong with the decision to pass on that 3rd and 1. The Vikes D just made a great play. Minny brought the same run blitz as they had previously, only this time Henderson faked his blitz and then dropped back into the passing lane. If Henderson isn't there, Witten has at least 15-20 yards and the Boys are in position to go down and win in regulation.

I don't know if that was the result of the Vikes Def. staff seeing something in film study, or if it was just Henderson freelancing, but either way you have to tip your hat to the Vikes on that one.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes...the bear eats you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
The Cowboys in terms of discipline, are a mess. That reflects on coaching. You score a TD, so you go right ahead and get yourselves a penalty. Act like you've been there before.
True, but I think it's unfair to blame the coaches for two reasons.

One, the players have to show a certain amount of common sense.

Second, Jerry has set up an organizational structure that effectively hamstrings his coaches from disciplining the players. Phillips/Garrett don't have the authority to bench players or increase fines without JJ's approval.

Until and unless that changes, it won't much matter who has the title of head coach.

Last edited by coogrfan; 10-18-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #179
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't think people would've been pissed at Garrett calling a run on that 3rd and 1 play, considering he don't use his RB much anyways.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #180
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

who would have thought the Browns and the cowboys have the same record lol Never would have thought that coming into this year?
f2e8b115-3c39-4f89-9b1e-ca4ddba6199e
Old 10-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #181
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Why do I get the feeling that if Dallas had run the ball there and gotten stuffed, people would be calling for Jason Garrett's head for "going to the well once too often"?

There was nothing wrong with the decision to pass on that 3rd and 1. The Vikes D just made a great play. Minny brought the same run blitz as they had previously, only this time Henderson faked his blitz and then dropped back into the passing lane. If Henderson isn't there, Witten has at least 15-20 yards and the Boys are in position to go down and win in regulation.
I'm not mad at the decision to pass, just in that situation you CAN'T throw a pick. I know the defender made a great play, but the ball should have either been out quicker or not thrown at all.

If we had run on 3rd and 1 and got stuffed, I would not have been mad. At least then we get to punt and make them go on a long drive (assuming they didn't run the punt back for a TD) and our defense was playing decent on the long field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #182
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
I'm not mad at the decision to pass, just in that situation you CAN'T throw a pick. I know the defender made a great play, but the ball should have either been out quicker or not thrown at all.

If we had run on 3rd and 1 and got stuffed, I would not have been mad. At least then we get to punt and make them go on a long drive (assuming they didn't run the punt back for a TD) and our defense was playing decent on the long field.
I'm not even mad at Garrett for that decision. It looked like the play worked perfectly when Henderson made an excellent play. The problem is more the Cowboys lack of anything similar to discipline.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #183
Banned

OVR: 32

I have an issue with Garret tendency to pass on short yardage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »