Home

League May Start Suspending Players For Illegal Hits

This is a discussion on League May Start Suspending Players For Illegal Hits within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #49
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: League May Start Suspending Players For Illegal Hits

It's about time they did this...how much longer can this be allowed to go on before a player is seriously, seriously injured or even killed from one of these asinine hits?

I'm not talking about legal hits either, there's a place for hard hits and great tackles in football...I'm talking about the head hunting and the LEADING WITH THE HELMET which for some odd reason has become the norm nowadays with defenses on all levels.

Sadly the culture in the NFL and football has become about the big hit and "laying the boom on someone" or whatever...when it comes to that, you're going to have stuff like this happen.

It's simple, automatic ejection and a 4 game suspension OR the offender is out for however long the injured player is out for.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #50
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

It should be noted that really, the only people against this so far are Steelers fans.

And I don't really care about them. They were okay with their team taking Roids, so I don't expect them to care about their team going out to blatantly hurt someone.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 17

All I can do with that is laugh. If you want to make bitter crybaby anti-Steelers posts about steroids, why not just PM me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
It should be noted that really, the only people against this so far are Steelers fans.

And I don't really care about them. They were okay with their team taking Roids, so I don't expect them to care about their team going out to blatantly hurt someone.
Everyone is always for the safety rules until the NFL actually starts enforcing them.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #53
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
All I can do with that is laugh. If you want to make bitter crybaby anti-Steelers posts about steroids, why not just PM me?
Who said I want to?

I'm done with this topic. If I keep going, I'll get banned. Sufficient to say that I totally disagree with you and every other Steeler fan on this topic and have for the last 3 days.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Everyone is always for the safety rules until the NFL actually starts enforcing them.
Exactly. How do we feel now when every time a lineman bumps a QB in the leg, there's a flag? We must feel pretty good, because it means Tom Brady is safe, right?

This has to do with A) Who got hurt. B) The coincidence that a string of players got hurt on the same Sunday, through the same means.

Had they got hurt some other way, people would be complaining and crying about that, too. Why? Because it hurts their team. And all they really care about is the W/L column, or seeing those highlight plays. And they mask that by feigning concern for personal safety.

This just happened. See if people give a **** about it 3 months from now, or if some sort of penalty/suspension starts getting enforced and YOUR team gets penalized by it. Then you'll be crying about that and how stupid the NFL is for doing this. I guarantee it.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #55
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Exactly.
Not really. I find safety rules fine. You're not complaining about crack back block rules, are you? You think they should be legal? Lets all watch DivII football on Sunday, that sounds fine as long as I get my RIB CRACKING HITS BRO RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Quote:
How do we feel now when every time a lineman bumps a QB in the leg, there's a flag? We must feel pretty good, because it means Tom Brady is safe, right?
Sure

Quote:
This has to do with A) Who got hurt.
Nope, this isn't some kind of conspiracy. Mohamad Massoquoi isn't some kind of star. Dunta Robinson got injured too. He injured himself. He may have serious brain problems in the future. Does that matter to you?

Quote:
Had they got hurt some other way, people would be complaining and crying about that, too. Why? Because it hurts their team. And all they really care about is the W/L column, or seeing those highlight plays. And they mask that by feigning concern for personal safety.
Another terrible assumption. None of the players injured were on my team. Perhaps... perhaps people care about the integrity of the game and the players. Maybe that is what is happening? But continue with your false rant...

Quote:
This just happened. See if people give a **** about it 3 months from now, or if some sort of penalty/suspension starts getting enforced and YOUR team gets penalized by it. Then you'll be crying about that and how stupid the NFL is for doing this. I guarantee it.
Nope, incorrect.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm confused, youre mad because the NFL is thinking of adding safety measures to the game when something prompts them to do so? And what stars got injured? Cribbs is a star? ok i guess, Massoquoi? doubtful. And then you make it seem like everybody in the thread is a browns fan...

"See if people give a **** about it 3 months from now, or if some sort of penalty/suspension starts getting enforced and YOUR team gets penalized by it. Then you'll be crying about that and how stupid the NFL is for doing this. I guarantee it"

You mad because James Harrison is the one under fire for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »