Home

Week 8: Jaguars at Cowboys

This is a discussion on Week 8: Jaguars at Cowboys within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #129
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Week 8: Jaguars at Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Are the Cowboys the worst team in football now? Honestly, as much as it pains me to say it, I think they are. Not only do they have very little motivation or energy, they are completely without any discipline. They are the most penalized team in the league. It's frustrating as anything as a Boys fan to know how much talent they have and how much is being wasted. Of course it's always possible theres not as much talent as folks think there is, but then it's also possible that the team just is lacking in the chemistry or coaching or both.

Either way I never thought I'd say it but at this point the Cowboys probably are the worst team in the NFL.
You pretty much said it 100% correct ODogg. From motivation to discipline, they are just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

They may be the worst Dallas team I have ever seen. And when I say the worst I am putting the talent level, to the lack of everything else mentioned. As of now anyway. And I think it is going to get worse.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #130
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
You pretty much said it 100% correct ODogg. From motivation to discipline, they are just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

They may be the worst Dallas team I have ever seen. And when I say the worst I am putting the talent level, to the lack of everything else mentioned. As of now anyway. And I think it is going to get worse.
Living in Dallas, I remember Dave Campo coached teams that were more motivated and disciplined than this team.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #131
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
Living in Dallas, I remember Dave Campo coached teams that were more motivated and disciplined than this team.
Yep. Absolutely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #132
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Not that I disagree that we need to run the ball more, but Barber and Jones both have career-low YPC averages right now. Tashard Choice also does statistically, but I'm not sure how much to read into his numbers given that he only has FIFTEEN total touches this season.

I think the offensive line might be a huge problem for our offense in general.
I have a feeling that we don't practices running ball downhill. Our offensive line play on their heals for the vast majority of the game and then Garret expect in short yardage they will be effective. Offensive lines need a rthym to run block effectively and playing from the spread and running draws all game doesn't produce an effective running game.

Last year according football outsiders the Cowboys lead the league in draw plays and most our draw plays are out of the shot gun formation. So, our bread and butter running play is our running backs getting the ball 7 yards in the back field and trying to get back to the line scrimmage.

Jon Gruden was able to have a great passing attack and a power running game when he was with the raiders. I hate our offense. Painful to watch. Tons of yards between the 20's but stall in the redzone.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #133
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
The sad part of Dave Campo is that he didn't have the talent.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #134
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah the shotgun draw play is an "occasional" play from other teams for a reason, to catch them off guard. When it's your main rushing attack it's not going to work. And hasn't. Someone please tell that to the red haired genius down there in Big D' please.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #135
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I have a feeling that we don't practices running ball downhill. Our offensive line play on their heals for the vast majority of the game and then Garret expect in short yardage they will be effective.
I would love to see one of their practices period.

It must be a joke
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »