Home

Week 14: Patriots @ Bears

This is a discussion on Week 14: Patriots @ Bears within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #17
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Week 14: Patriots @ Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxSnake
Seriously?

You hate a team that never trash talks?
A team that is always respectful of other players?
A team that is anti-diva player and team focused?
A team that gives you almost no reason to hate them?

Or is the word you meant to say Jealous because they win?
The team may not give them reason to hate them but this post by one of their fans does.

A team that is always respectful of other players?? REALLY??? I guess running up the score on teams from time to time is respectful now.

A team that never thrash talks??? I guess Tom Brady laughing saying how they will score more then 14pts in the superbowl wasn't trash talk or having a guy like Rodney Harrison always talking crap an being a dirty player doesn't count since it was a few years ago?

A team that gives you almost no reason to hate them?? Spygate or in better terms CHEATING is enough reason to hate a team.

Now I personally don't care about the pats but posts like this doesn't do much to make me like them lol.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #18
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Never too early to start looking ahead to the next game.

This was the one game that got changed in Week 14, being moved back to 4:15pm EST on CBS.

Should be a great game. Hopefully we can get plenty of pressure on Cutler and force him to make some mistakes. Coming off a short week concerns me but if we play like we did tonight, we'll have a good shot of leaving Chicago with a victory.

The early weather forecast in Chicago is snow showers with a high of 24/low of 5. Also supposed to be very windy. Could make for a very interesting game.
I'll make this easy for you. The Pats will win out, finish up 14-2 have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and lose to Matt Cassel and the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game Ha! But seriously it's looking like another Superbowl appearance for Tom Brady and Co.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Im just going to say. I WISH that the Patriots could play the falcons. The Falcons beat lesser teams and lost to the two legit ones they played. I bet ESPN still ranks ATL first this week in Power Rankings.
Both teams were Pennsylvania teams
Old 12-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 17

The Pats should unquestionably be the best team in the NFL. They've beaten every top team, including two obliterations in that timespan of the Steelers/Jets. Nobody else is doing this. I've liked the Falcons all year, despite their detractors, I think they could compete with anybody but I'm not going to say they're better than the Pats. Can't say anyone is better than the Pats at this point.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Seriously?

You hate a team that never trash talks?
A team that is always respectful of other players?
A team that is anti-diva player and team focused?
A team that gives you almost no reason to hate them?

Or is the word you meant to say Jealous because they win?
Really, seriously? You need to ask?

If it wasn't for the Bears being one up on the Packers, you bet I'd be rooting for Cutler, Urlacher and company.

Not particularly fond of Belicheat and fans of teams that post this stuff. ie, needing to ask an opposing fan going into the week why they don't love their can't do anything wrong team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #22
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Please don't judge all Pats fans by those posts, I find them annoying too.

Playing the disrespect card based on Week 14 power rankings is useless. Who cares who the best team is right now. I'm just glad the Pats put themselves into a position a get a bye in the playoffs.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Please don't judge all Pats fans by those posts, I find them annoying too.

Playing the disrespect card based on Week 14 power rankings is useless. Who cares who the best team is right now. I'm just glad the Pats put themselves into a position a get a bye in the playoffs.
Palo, no doubt you and Eli are good football fans. I've seen your posts in the Madden forum as well, no troubles.

In the NFC North, we all pretty much know each other because we play each other twice per season. There might be some ribbing back n forth, but there isn't any thing like what's been on display in this thread.

There is a mutual respect for each teams fans and teams, but when there is only one person that starts stuff, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth and unfortunately spreads elsewhere.

The only advice to give if it continues, people have the right and option to put that person on ignore.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #24
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
nooooooo

Falcons lost to the Steelers and Eagles.
They didn't beat the Steelers.
My bad. I remember it being a low scoring game, thats about it.

Quote:
People who judge teams off power rankings are just stupid IMO. Power rankings are weekly, they mainly reflect the teams performance from every Sunday.

Quote:
A team that is always respectful of other players?? REALLY??? I guess running up the score on teams from time to time is respectful now.
There is no 'Running up the score' in any sport. Maybe you should consider that a teams defense might be horrible. If you think it's unfair that the Pat's beat the Jets 45-3 then you really need to stop watching this sport. You think the Pat's are just going to lay down for the Jets and say "Ok.. we will stop here, and you can just beat us now". No. Ever heard of something called pride? The Patriots are a very proud franchise. They are not going to purposely play bad because 'running up the score' is apparently illegal.

I'm a Lions homer. You think I complain when the Pat's put up 42 points on us? No.

Quote:
A team that gives you almost no reason to hate them?? Spygate or in better terms CHEATING is enough reason to hate a team.
People who bring this up every time the word 'Patriots' is mentioned, are people who dwell in the past. That was then, this is now. The Pat's are still playing at a very high level. Hell, they played at a high level with Cassel in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »