Home

Buccaneers Receive Apology From NFL for Critical Pass Interference Call.

This is a discussion on Buccaneers Receive Apology From NFL for Critical Pass Interference Call. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Buccaneers Receive Apology From NFL for Critical Pass Interference Call.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/22/b...ss-interferen/

One of the downsides of all these close NFL games is that it takes just one blunder by a referee to decide a game. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers know that all too well.

The NFL sent a letter of apology to the Bucs this week for a pass interference call in the end zone against tight end Kellen Winslow that wiped out a touchdown in a 23-20 overtime loss to the Lions on Sunday.

The Bucs (8-6) are in a fight for a wild card spot in the playoffs and the loss might have doomed them.

In a 17-17 game, Winslow was tied up with Detroit safety C.C. Brown in the end zone. There was no advantage either way. Winslow then pulled away from Brown and snatched a pass with his back to the quarterback, a nifty little grab for six.

Winslow was hit with an offensive pass interference call and the touchdown was wiped off. Instead of six, the Bucs had to kick a field goal, which gave them a 20-17 lead with 1:39 to play in regulation.

Coach Raheem Morris did not deny the club received the letter, but would not comment.

"It's Christmas and I just bought a bunch of people gifts," said Morris, who said he wanted to continue giving gifts and not get fined for any comments on the play.

Greg Olson, the offensive coordinator, did comment to the Tampa Tribune. Olson said it wasn't the first time the Bucs have received a letter from the NFL about a missed call.

"Yeah, we've had a number of those this year, which has been real discouraging because we've played so many tight games," Olson said.

Olson did not talk about the other letters the team received, according to the Tribune.

"You can't have those kinds of mistakes. That's discouraging, obviously," he said. "It wasn't the only play in the game, but it was a critical one at a critical time. That's happened more than once, which has been discouraging on our side."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Buccaneers Receive Apology From NFL for Critical Pass Interference Call.

I hate when the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL/MLS or whoever, pulls this type of thing. Better not to say anything at all, than to apologize for something that can't be reversed.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Agreed, admitting you made a mistake just brings up more controversy. Just don't say anything an keep it moving.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
Agreed, admitting you made a mistake just brings up more controversy. Just don't say anything an keep it moving.
Like I always say...it is what it is
Old 12-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah when someone doesn't admit this, it's just oh well that sucks and move on. Now when it's official that the Ref screwed up just makes it that much harder to deal with lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Does this make up for the Lions week 1 loss to the Bears because of the Calvin Johnson no catch?
Old 12-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

"Sorry for potentially costing you your playoff spot"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »