Home

Pro Bowl rosters

This is a discussion on Pro Bowl rosters within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #25
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Pro Bowl rosters

Heh Tramon Williams imo should have been over Deangelo, it's really just a popularity contest among players in their voting as well cause most prolly remembered the 4 pick game and that's it.

The stuff i've been reading and hearing i'm suprised people are actually considering Malcolm Jenkins a snub, he's made plays all over once he got into the groove of things but he didn't do much the first few games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 AM   #26
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

No Way Andre Gurode should be in the Pro Bowl.
I love Ratliff, but he is too small to man the Nose.
And did not deserve to go.

I think next year he will move to DE. Which is
is a better fit.

Witten, McBriar, Ware, deserve it..
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

No way Andre Gurode should be playing in this game. Wildly inconsistent this year he's one of the guys I want gone from this team

Ware deserves it. Double digit sacks again and most hurries in the NFL
Witten is a no brainer
McBriar doesn't just boot it he also has great accuracy! Well deserved as always
Old 12-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #28
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn1
No way Andre Gurode should be playing in this game. Wildly inconsistent this year he's one of the guys I want gone from this team

Ware deserves it. Double digit sacks again and most hurries in the NFL
Witten is a no brainer
McBriar doesn't just boot it he also has great accuracy! Well deserved as always
I know Desean Jackson makes the flashy highlight reel touchdowns and he had a walk off punt return (omg), but IMO Maclin deserves to be in more than Desean

Old 12-29-2010, 04:20 AM   #29
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Rodgers and Flacco/Cassel not being in is the biggest snub IMO, but I expect them to find their way in as replacements.

Nice to see Calvin and Suh both make it as starters. Shows that the Lions are finally digging out of that hellhole that Millen created.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #30
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Meriweather should not be on the team. He hasn't even been a starter all season.

I don't mind seeing Mankins on there; since he came back the Pats offense just took off.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #31
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Not sure how Brees made it over Rodgers.

Not sure how Peyton made it over Cassel or Flacco either.

I guess both Brees and Peyton have more yards and TD's than those QB's, but 21 and 17 INT's is too much. Rodgers, Ryan, Cassel, and Flacco have 10, 9, 5, and 9 INT's respectively while throwing for at least 3,000 yards and at least 25 TD's.

Also, I have no clue how Jeff Saturday didn't make it. He's the only reason that O-line is even half as good as it is.

EDIT: And, I didn't realize it, but both Peyton and Brees have thrown more than any other QB in the NFL. They're both top 2 in attempts(42 and 41 attempts a game) so obviously they'll have more yards and TD's than most QB's.

EDIT2: Well I guess they'd also have more INT's, but still. lol
With all the injuries to his WR's and RB's this year it is amazing Payton had the #'s he did have. Take Manning off the Colts this year and how many games do they win?? For them to win 10 games is just amazing with the team they put out there every week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here are my impressions of the NFC squad - I don't follow the AFC as much and haven't had time to dissect that one.

The biggest snub to me is Tramon Williams of the Packers. Williams is better than any of the three NFC cornerbacks in man-on-man coverage. DeAngelo Hall and Asante Samuel make a living jumping routes, but I would be willing to bet that each has given up double the yardage Williams has. Teams simply do not throw at Williams anymore - with UFA Sam Shields on the other side, it makes sense not to. He has gotten THAT good.

Charles Woodson has not been as good as he was last year and shouldn't be in as a pure cornerback. But since that's where he's slotted and he continues to be a presence defensively (all over the field in more of a "Rover" role), I have no qualms.

How did the Saints not get a skill position player outside of Brees? Hard to believe their offense is that good with no top-level players outside their QB.

Chad Clifton has no business on this team. He's been surprisingly solid this year, but made it on rep.

Andre Gurode has no business on this team.

Hard to believe there isn't a place for Trent Cole. He's a hell of a player.

Nick Collins has dropped at least as many INTs as he had made this year. He is a solid player, but this year not Pro Bowl worthy.

Antrell Rolle is not very good. If he is among the top safeties in the NFC, the conference is a LOT worse than I thought.

Last edited by JHooe44; 12-29-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling error

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »