Home

Should the Broncos can Orton? Where should he end up?

This is a discussion on Should the Broncos can Orton? Where should he end up? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Should the Broncos can Orton? Where should he end up?

I was thinking about Orton lately and I think it's kind of a shame the way his career has gone. He gets ousted out of Chicago after winning quite a bit there. Now, it looks like Denver will soon dump him in favor of Tebow. This year, the Broncos were ranked 24 or below in every major statistical category besides passing yards, offensive yards, and offensive points where they were ranked 7th, 13th, and 19th, respectively.

Is it the right decision to can Orton in favor of Tebow? Where would be a good place for Orton to end up?

I'd like to see him go to Minnesota, personally. I think he could be a good fit there. He's the right age, and so long as the team remembers that AD is the #1 offensive talent I think he could complement that offense quite well. Arizona might be another option.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Should the Broncos can Orton? Where should he end up?

The Broncos would be foolish to do this IMO. It's hard to find a good QB in this league.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Tebow appears to be the man in Denver now so there's not much reason to keep him around. Brady Quinn is still on the roster he can be the back-up

Anyway, I see Orton taking his talents to the Bay area. 49ers want a QB and he's a much better option(and cheaper) than any QB in this draft class
Old 01-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

If I was the GM, there is no way I would let Kyle Orton go right now. You do yourself a disservice if you don't have at least two quarterbacks on your roster that can start and with Orton, the Broncos may have the best backup in the league. I would want that insurance policy because while Tebow has shown promise and has the Mile High City buzzed, he is still a young QB and he plays a physical brand of football.

On the flip side, just as an observer, I hope he gets out of there. I think he's a good football player and there are far too many teams that need a serviceable starter for him to languish. Just think of the difference he could have made in Arizona this season.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Maybe Carolina or 49ers if he indeed is gone, I think it would be a stupid move but i'm not the GM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Probably wherever McDaniels ends up if they don't already have a solid QB (not saying Orton is one, he just obviously thrives under McDaniels)
Old 01-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Probably wherever McDaniels ends up if they don't already have a solid QB (not saying Orton is one, he just obviously thrives under McDaniels)
I know I'm being picky, but I think he's definitely a solid QB. A lot of teams would flip over backwards for a 3500+ yard, 20 TD, 12 INT QB. Not HoF numbers by any means (unless you're a McNabb fan) but definitely starting NFL quality.

As for McDaniels, he's definitely been better under McDaniels, but his last year in Chicago wasn't that far off from his first year in Denver. I think he's just a late bloomer, like Brees.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I think Orton has proved that he is a solid starter in this league in his time with both Lovie Smith and McDaniels. You could do ALOT worse than Kyle Orton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »