Home

Jeff Fisher reportedly gone from Titans

This is a discussion on Jeff Fisher reportedly gone from Titans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #41
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Jeff Fisher reportedly gone from Titans

Good for the Titans.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #42
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm really surprised by this as I think Fisher is a great coach. I thought that with Vince gone they'd at least give him a year to see what he can do then decide his fate at that time.

I'm guessing Mike Munchak will be the new head coach?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
On the other note, did anyone heard the quick interview Chris Johnson gave to NFL Total Access. I have almost no idea what he is saying.
Chris Johnson would probably be below VY if you were to order them by how smart they are. I think Chris might actually has some type of learning disability if I remember that correctly and it affecting big colleges from recruiting him.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #44
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
I don't think he'll coach the 2011 season. The only current team with needing a HC that I can think of is Arizona I think and maybe the Bills? I've forgotten which teams have already snatched some coaches up and which still need some. I know most if not all of the possible playoff teams already have found replacements.

This is a smart move for Fisher and with the possible lockout looming it wasn't looking to good for Fisher with some of his guys gone off the staff.
I know this is like 3 pages late, but if I'm the Bills, I don't want to make a coaching change yet. Gailey did a pretty good job with them this year all things considered.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 01-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #45
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Saw on espn that it had to do with Fisher wanting his son to be on staff as a quality control coach. Bud Adams doesn't want family members on staff, no free rides. So I guess with him losing faith in Fisher that was the last straw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 05:22 AM   #46
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
And you gotta believe Fisher walked away because, it doesn't exactly say if he was fired or what if I read the article correctly. Apparently he wasn't to happy about losing some of his defensive staff.
This was surely part of it. Apparently he got his staff (or as many that would) to sign 1 year extensions in December without the knowledge of the higher ups, to try and prevent firings. Must have figured Bud would cave based on $$$. Obviously it back fired. This makes sense because Chuck Cecil was not meant to be under contract for 2011 and he was fired, not simply left to expire.

The fact Fisher wanted to hang onto Cecil is grounds enough to be fired, honestly. The guy has no business being an NFL DC.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #47
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
This was surely part of it. Apparently he got his staff (or as many that would) to sign 1 year extensions in December without the knowledge of the higher ups, to try and prevent firings.
What was the deal with Washburn? That kind of slid under the radar last week, but it sure got my attention. I thought the situation was doomed after Wash left. One of the analysts, I believe it was ESPN, said that Washburn was fired, but I didn't hear anything like that and it didn't make sense because if how close he and Jeff were.

Was he let go? Or did he just beat it out of town because he knew Jeff was going to be a lame duck in 2011?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 8

Fisher did a lot with sub-par talent. No talented receivers, average to poor QBs. Put him in with good ownership and see what he does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »