Home

You're A GM. You NEED A Quarterback. Who You Got? Kolb/Young

This is a discussion on You're A GM. You NEED A Quarterback. Who You Got? Kolb/Young within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: You need a QB to jumpstart your otherwise solid football team. Which QB do you take?
Vince Young 18 28.57%
Kevin Kolb 45 71.43%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #57
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: You're A GM. You NEED A Quarterback. Who You Got? Kolb/Young

I'd go with Kolb. Vince has a lot of upside, but there's also a lot of risk. I think Vince would be a great fit for a team that takes a QB early in the draft and just needs somebody to keep the huddle warm for a couple of years. Sign Vince to a 3-year deal, and cross your fingers. If it doesn't work out, you can cut him before the locker room implodes and coaches start fleeing the city.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

kolb he's a work in progress that has sat behind the likes of donovan mcnabb and mike vick so he seems like he picked up something and works hard. hes a low risk

vince is 50/50 and his work ethic and suspect and lacks maturity....BUT if giving the right coaching can do what mike vick is currently doing, but its way too much of a risk
Old 02-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
ya im sure that is ALL that is being "overblown" in this situation lol

who has said that he would rather the team lose?

He confronted his coach face to face in the locker room after a loss omg the travesty!!

it's not Young who made the "me or him" ultimatum...it's not Young who made public what happened in the team locker room....it's not Young who has been leaking things and trying to use his media sources for PR...that's all Fisher. Young hasnt said anything negative publicly, not even when it was announced that he wouldnt be the Titans QB, yet it's Young who needs to "be the bigger man"?
He does need to be a bigger man. If he was producing on the field and wasn't a complete immature headcase he'd still be the qb of the Titans.

Apparently that 7 on the wonderlick test meant something as he clearly doesnt get it.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He does need to be a bigger man. If he was producing on the field and wasn't a complete immature headcase he'd still be the qb of the Titans.

Apparently that 7 on the wonderlick test meant something as he clearly doesnt get it.
Young was producing on the field. At the time of his benching, he was top 5 in the league in passer rating, top 5 in YPA, on pace for career highs in passing TDs and passing yards, and a career low in INTs. The Titans were 5-3 under Young. He lost his job because of injury and Jeff Fisher's immature personal vendetta against Vince Young.

I'm not a Longhorns fan, never cared for Young, and thought he was obscenely overrated in his first couple of years in the league, but he played much better last year. He wasn't a top 10 QB or anything, but he was a very effective game manager.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #61
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He does need to be a bigger man.
again, Young hasnt said anything negatively publicly. It wasnt Young who made public what happened between he and Fisher in the team locker room. It wasnt Young who made the "me or him" ultimatum

explain how he could "be the bigger man" right now

Quote:
If he was producing on the field and wasn't a complete immature headcase he'd still be the qb of the Titans.
it probably has more to do with the 8 mil roster bonus he is owed. Bud is not known for paying such bonuses....but the bridges he burned gave them a reason and certainly didnt help. As far as "producing on the field", compared to whom? Since they drafted him, the Titans are 13-15 without Young starting at QB.

I guess Young being "immature" is why some people have such a problem with him confronting Fisher. I guess the "immature kid" should know his place?? After all, Fisher is beyond reproach right

Quote:
lol Young's only official score was a 15 fwiw. That is the only fact, anything else is baseless rumor

not a good score but around the same score as Steve McNair (15), Donovan McNabb (14), Dan Marino (15), Charlie Batch (14), Randal Cunningham (15), Jim Kelly (15), Vinny Testeverde (17) etc.etc....I guess Eugene Bruce should be a pro bowler right now considering he made a 41.

http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

Last edited by ZB9; 02-03-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #62
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Definitely, definitely Kevin Kolb for me.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
again, Young hasnt said anything negatively publicly. It wasnt Young who made public what happened between he and Fisher in the team locker room. It wasnt Young who made the "me or him" ultimatum

explain how he could "be the bigger man" right now

it probably has more to do with the 8 mil roster bonus he is owed. Bud is not known for paying such bonuses....but the bridges he burned gave them a reason and certainly didnt help. As far as "producing on the field", compared to whom? Since they drafted him, the Titans are 13-15 without Young starting at QB.

I guess Young being "immature" is why some people have such a problem with him confronting Fisher. I guess the "immature kid" should know his place?? After all, Fisher is beyond reproach right

lol Young's only official score was a 15 fwiw. That is the only fact, anything else is baseless rumor

not a good score but around the same score as Steve McNair (15), Donovan McNabb (14), Dan Marino (15), Charlie Batch (14), Randal Cunningham (15), Jim Kelly (15), Vinny Testeverde (17) etc.etc....I guess Eugene Bruce should be a pro bowler right now considering he made a 41.

http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

If he played well and wasn't a head case he'd be there roster bonus or not. Whether throwing his pads in the stands or refusing to enter a game it's obvious he doesn't have the mental makeup to be the guy. That's why he's no longer a Titan.

When he's not being praised and coddled he simply folds up his tent. Not the makeup of a franchise qb. I'll miss him however. Him playing for the Titans guaranteed a Chargers win.

If you want to believe he didn't get a 7 fine but we all know he did.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Pretty sure the "throwing his pads in the stands" thing wasn't what it was made out to be.

I remember reading an article on ESPN.com that said he just took his jersey off and gave it to a fan and that it was something he always does. Whether that's true or not, who knows....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »