Home

William Perry: 'The Fridge is Broken'

This is a discussion on William Perry: 'The Fridge is Broken' within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: William Perry: 'The Fridge is Broken'

Another sad story of an athlete who thinks the well will never run dry. People really need to learn from the mistakes of others.

EDIT: He hisses and scowls at his home gym? I will take it off his hands, and I won't even charge him to do so.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

I cant eat mcdonalds burgers anymore... there is a cookout close by and that owns comparatively on price and flavor.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't feel bad for him, I feel bad for his wife. She has to deal with his sorry ***. Famous former football player or not, you've got to have some accountability for yourself. If he's not willing to put in the work to get better, then that's on him. It's a shame he has people, like his wife, who love him and will have to suffer the grief that comes with whatever fate comes to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

What an absolute joke.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Impossible to know the actual depth and nuance of this story from what's been reported...

Ditka doesn't seem to have anything but support and sympathy for the guy, and he actually knows him...

Substance abuse is easy to dismiss as a "self inflicted" wound, but medical science now knows better than that...

I'd like to see the guy get his act together, if at all possible...
Old 02-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

After reading that article it seems like he's severely depressed. He needs to talk to somebody before it's too late but he has to help himself.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

What people have to understand is that people who are depressed need to take the first steps themselves. You can have all the interventions and warnings in the world; if the person doesn't want to do it, they won't do it. It's different for a lot of people. I suffered from deep depression before I decided that I had enough and made an effort to change myself. For others, it takes outside help, and for others, there will be help and it will never be accepted. It seems like Perry is in the last category. Only he can change that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #16
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Absolutely, to the above. I don't have depression, or at least I don't think I do, because when I do feel like the world is stacked against me, I just focus on the positives. Everyone is different though. Some can cope with things themselves, others need help, and still others try both and still can't deal. It's a touchy subject and nothing anyone can say or do can make a difference to the person who is living it. There's so much to this life and this world that we'll never understand. Life is not an equation, it's a living, breathing thing with no rules.

Hopefuly Perry can help himself because he has people who love him, like his wife. But he needs to put forth the effort. I just find it so hard to sympathsize with someone who doesn't want to help themselves get better. That's the first step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »