Home

The 2011 CFL Season

This is a discussion on The 2011 CFL Season within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The 2011 CFL Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold1245
The Bombers weren't robbed, go back and watch the play again. For the holding call, the Stamps player is double teamed with TWO Winnipeg players grabbing his back, and as for the block in the back, Hefney puts his hand on the back of the Stamps player and pushes him down. If that's not a block in the back, then what is? While we're talking about Hefney, how about his defence on the previous play where he tackles Rambo before the ball gets there. Shouldn't that have been DPI and an automatic first down rendering the punt return moot anyways?

The Bombers had better hope Buck is good to go or they're going to be stuck with Alex Brink against the Argos cause Elliot tore his ACL and is probably going to miss the rest of the season.

I don't mind how they look, but it was absolutely ridiculous how many times those things were popping off. It seemed like a Stamps player was looking for his hat after every play. They need to get that **** sorted out.
The game is being replayed right now on TSN2.

The Hefney call was bogus like I said before. He did have his hand on the Stamps' player back, but he never pushed him. The Stamps player dove at Jovon Johnson's legs to try and make the tackle but missed.

I don't know where the first holding call you were talking about happened because the replays only showed the Hefney penalty and the Kenny Maynor (#54, last block down the sideline before Jovon gets the TD) penalty, where again a Stamps player tried to make the tackle but missed and was never held or illegally blocked.

But it's whatever. The game is long over, lol.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

OVR: 12

It's nice when us bomber fans can actually trash talk the riders and it's all legitimate.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman55
It's nice when us bomber fans can actually trash talk the riders and it's all legitimate.
The best part is they took our scraps and now look at 'em.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #20
Rookie

MrShowtime's Arena

OVR: 5

If you guys want great CFL entertaining talk, check out the 3rd and long podcast. It's pretty good, and the guys get some good guest.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #21
Rookie

stronghold1245's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I don't know where the first holding call you were talking about happened because the replays only showed the Hefney penalty and the Kenny Maynor (#54, last block down the sideline before Jovon gets the TD) penalty, where again a Stamps player tried to make the tackle but missed and was never held or illegally blocked.

But it's whatever. The game is long over, lol.
The play I was talking about was what happened when Johnson was at the 50 and a Stamps player was blocked by two Blue Bombers but whatever, like you said the game is long over.

On an unrelated note, while the Riders sucking isn't surprising given all they lost, I would never have expected BC to start 0-3. I'm thinking it may be time for Wally to ride off into the sunset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #22
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold1245

On an unrelated note, while the Riders sucking isn't surprising given all they lost, I would never have expected BC to start 0-3. I'm thinking it may be time for Wally to ride off into the sunset.
The Lions had a rough start last year too. The writing is on the wall for Wally to step aside. He's been there too long and it's time for a new voice and a new pair of eyes in BC. I suspect that if they lose tonight the fans will really start going after him.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #23
Rookie

MrShowtime's Arena

http://podOmatic.com/r/bRBoDY

Week 7 edition of the 3rd and long show. Take a listen.

Chad Kackert of the Argos, Andrew Jones of the BC Lions on the show.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

So um....the Argos are a sinking ship. It'll be interesting to see how the team responds against Hamilton. Either way, this team has relied on the defense so heavily over the last few years that finally the crow has come home to roost on their asses. I don't even think Steven Jyles will do much when he comes back later this season.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »