Home

Michael Vick Re-Signs With Nike

This is a discussion on Michael Vick Re-Signs With Nike within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Michael Vick Re-Signs With Nike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I just notice alot of posters taking this news as an opportunity to bash and **** on Vick some more. It just gets tired. He got a Nike deal, do we need to re-state how much we despise and hate him some more?
I agree and I'm definitely not suprised at who's doing it. But to each is own I guess. I'm just happy Vick is getting his life back on track. Good for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #42
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

No problem with this. Congrats to Mike Vick, congrats to Nike. You made the right decision in terminating his (Vick's) contract, you made the right decision in resiging Vick who has paid his debt and withit gone on to be a better player and person (by all reports) at the same time.

To those sitting in their Ivory Towers, enjoy the show. I'd love to be perfect like you lot but alas, I will chill with the mere mortals down here who can give credit where credit is due.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #43
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
To those sitting in their Ivory Towers, enjoy the show. I'd love to be perfect like you lot but alas, I will chill with the mere mortals down here who can give credit where credit is due.
No, I just think why should I? He had all the talent and $$ he ever needed before he went to Jail and blew it all away, i'm not gonna give any man his due when he had the world in his but was idiotic enough to ruin it all. There are hundreds of NFL players who do great things all the time who don't even have to and those are the guys that should be given credit in the news not guys like Vick.

It's not that i'm against 2nd chances, cause i'm not. I'm all for Donte Stallworth and what he's done, he openly went to jail for a year when he could have easily went to court and either got off or cut some time because he didn't want to put the victims family through that situation.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #44
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Why does it bother you that he had "all the talent and $$ he ever needed before he went to jail and blew it all away"? What concern is that of yours. How do you know he blew it all? How much did he have? Why are "fans" so concerned with the dollars he lost. Vick doesn't appear to be. He seems to be now a content man knowing he has a second chance in the NFL and won't take it for granted again. Vick has come back and is actually a better QB than he was prior to going to jail. The monetary reward, not that it is our concern, comes with that. See Nike contract.

You contradicted yourself openly with Stallworth example so I will leave it at that.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
Why does it bother you that he had "all the talent and $$ he ever needed before he went to jail and blew it all away"? What concern is that of yours. How do you know he blew it all? How much did he have? Why are "fans" so concerned with the dollars he lost. Vick doesn't appear to be. He seems to be now a content man knowing he has a second chance in the NFL and won't take it for granted again. Vick has come back and is actually a better QB than he was prior to going to jail. The monetary reward, not that it is our concern, comes with that. See Nike contract.

You contradicted yourself openly with Stallworth example so I will leave it at that.
It has nothing to do with money. It's what he did that caused him to blow everything he had that bothers people and I don't see how you can blame them. What he did is indefensible. Some people refuse to forgive him for that. They have every right to and aren't wrong in doing that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #46
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

It's not he money it's the fact that he was in a position that everyone always dreams of being as a kid and he was an idiot and ruined it all

I didn't contradict myself with the Stallworth thing, 2 totally different situations. Don't drink and drive, but to go to jail to not put the victims family through that situation of court is a great thing for a person to do
Old 07-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #47
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Maybe it's the culture I come from, but when this whole thing started I was like who cares it's just dogs. As this thing played out I really changed my stance and realize how heinous dog fighting is. I can only imagine if I grew up in a culture that was pro dog fighting.

We all know Mike was like a lot of gifted athletes and developed a sense of entitlement. That he has done other things that showed his questionable decision making and character, but dude IMO seems to have really matured and learned from this. Like I said seeing the pethora of other guys that mess up in sports the main thing guys who don't seem to get it really seem like even talking about the mistake make them uncomfortable. Vick seems to really be comfortable discussing his crime and mindset.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #48
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
It's not that i'm against 2nd chances, cause i'm not. I'm all for Donte Stallworth and what he's done, he openly went to jail for a year when he could have easily went to court and either got off or cut some time because he didn't want to put the victims family through that situation.

Umm, what? So you're all for Stallworth, who killed a man (accident or not), but against Vick (who killed dogs, definitely purposely, though).

Stallworth only went to jail for 30 days and cut a deal with the family of the man he killed, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4262751

I just don't see how you can give Stallworth the benefit of the doubt, but not Vick. I think you just don't like Vick for some reason or another, which is fine. Just don't try to sugarcoat it.

As for the topic at hand, as I have been on the whole Vick thing, I'm kind of neutral. It's disgusting and sad what he did to the dogs, and as much as I want to detest the man for that, there are worse things he could've done (not that that's any consolation). Regardless, he got a decent amount of jail time for it, now he's back after serving his time, it's just childish to continually hold it against him and never give him a chance to prove himself again.

I, too, have found Vick's remorse to be sincere. The most sincerest I've seen an athlete repent for his negative actions ever (whether that be for steroids use, drug use, DUI, or any other criminal or non-criminal offense). I'm sure a bit of it is PR and rehabbing his image, but a lot of it is because he has matured. It takes hitting rock bottom to do that for a lot of people.

Once again, Vick is just a football player to me. No longer is he "that QB who killed dogs."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »