Home

I say the Colts should let Manning go

This is a discussion on I say the Colts should let Manning go within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #17
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I say the Coltts let Manning go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Why do you need to start from scratch? Im not getting your logic on this whole topic. So you dont believe arguably the best player in the game needs to get paid like it?
I'm not saying to scrap the whole team, but rather start from scratch on a new direction. Either become a Defensive power house, or a bruising running team. Just don't stay with the tried and true approach just because it worked in the past. At some point Manning will not be there and you will have the staff that worked for him, but is completely out of the element when he is gone.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 AM   #18
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Quote:
Im not a Colts fan or a Peyton Manning fan, but you're about to catch some flack from me.

You do realize that Without Peyton the Colts are outside looking in on the playoffs. You're, i dont want to say complaining because that doesnt seem like the right word. Think of the people who wish they could post something like this. Think of the Cleveland Browns fans of the world. If they had Peyton Manning do you think they would want to trade or release him? I think you and other Colts fans that feel this way have been spoiled over the years. When Peyton leaves/retires from the Colts, then you will be missing him. Don't know what you got til its gone.
I have been with the team as a fan since 1991. I know what a loser looks like. Spoiled is the fans that jumped on when the team was winners, realistic is the fans that want the team to be better off for the future.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
I'm not saying to scrap the whole team, but rather start from scratch on a new direction. Either become a Defensive power house, or a bruising running team. Just don't stay with the tried and true approach just because it worked in the past. At some point Manning will not be there and you will have the staff that worked for him, but is completely out of the element when he is gone.
I think you're worrying a little too much in the future. Im sure the organization will take care of the situation when it comes. Can't become a power running team with one of the worst running games in the league though. If it works, dont fix it.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #20

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
I think you're worrying a little too much in the future. Im sure the organization will take care of the situation when it comes. Can't become a power running team with one of the worst running games in the league though. If it works, dont fix it.
Has it been working lately though?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #21
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
The packers did it while having a replacement... The Colts don't have that luxury right now. Maybe if they had a QB of the future in the wings. Look how SF is doing right now
The 49ers won the SB four years after saying Goodbye to Montana. After Young is a totally different story. The Colts could still make a FA move or trade to secure a possible QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Bold thread post OP. Ive thought the colts should have been preparing for post Peyton for a while. But letting him go now would be foolish. So would a 5 year deal.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #23
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I say the Colts should let Manning go

All The Colts Gotta Do Is Draft A QB For The Future In 2012
Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #24
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Has it been working lately though?
Exactly, I have seen the team look worse and worse. I believe Manning still has 2-3 good seasons left, but in the end I still wouldn't pay him so much that building the team up around him is impossible.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »